Author Topic: nCoV - 2019 is not just a Sickness Risk  (Read 347 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
nCoV - 2019 is not just a Sickness Risk
« on: January 30, 2020, 04:59:20 PM »
Yes the nCoV-2019 virus is scary however it is 10,000-miles away and China is trying to put the tooth paste back into the tube. Part of this effort is closing down regions and at this typing one shipping port. As we watch from afar as more regions, cities, ports, manufactures, Starbucks, McDonalds, etc. shut down how will that affect the WORLDS economy?

Watch PM's going forward. Gold is up ~$50- already this month. It closed $1,574- today. Once it rises and stays above $1,600- the game is afoot Watson! The highest gold price I have seen in my lifetime was in August 2011 at $1,800- an ounce. Silver is seeing a similar Bull run. May 2011 ~$37- today just short of $18- and ounce.

Then looking worldwide; in 2017 China exported $2.097T worth of goods. What happens to the world if 25, 50, or a higher percent of exports from China are curtailed? Wally world may go out of business. Dollar Stores will be come Ten Dollar Stores. LOL...You get the idea.

Then think locally. How many of the local manufactures around your AO rely on Chinese steel, car parts, clothing, et cetera to produce what ever they are selling here in the USofA? Being a plant manager or CEO of a company, I would start the planning process for laying off workers. Heck, the largest expense any company has is payroll.

I hope you can see the chain reaction from the first nCoV sneeze in WuHan, China to the day the you and millions of others round the globe receive their pink slip

Start now planning for the inevitable folks. If you can pay down those credit cards. Start planning a 2020 victory garden. If you have the space and your local laws allow it, start raising chickens. A dozen can keep two people in eggs daily with a few extra to sell. If you have space, raising rabbits is very easy. If you live in a rural area, have a couple neighbors get together and raise pigs. 180 pounds of pig could keep two adults in protein for 6-months. Add to the pigs a milking cow and you will have 2 to 3-gallons of milk a day.

It is up to the AP readership to keep and eye on PM prices, the stock market, shortages on the shelves, et cetera and adjust to meet the canary dying in the coal mines. Start the planning process today and come up with a list of the "what ifs". Once that is done, then make plans to meet each "what if" and act today. Do not be the person who just watches but never acts. Remember, normalcy bias will get you and your love-ones killed.

On that pleasant note, 73 & God Bless Brothers & Sisters.     
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
Re: nCoV - 2019 is not just a Sickness Risk
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:15:35 PM »
I just bought a substantial amount of silver a couple days ago.
There was a dip of 70 cents in spot. I knew it wasnt going to last.. so even though I hadnt intended to .. so I moved some money around and made it happen..
Quite pleased with myself.
Silver is up 50 cents since then and i know it will rise more with the pandemic risk.
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 06:48:48 PM »
    Also think about supply chains.  I went to my local home renovation store and purchased more nails, screws, etc.  I noticed that they're all manufactured in Taiwan.  It's important to source items made in the U.S., but even those items will be effected by the supply chain drought, as raw materials may originate in China and/or the Far East.

2020 is going to be a bumpy year.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 10:38:03 PM »
Yep..... I'm a Silver freak. Every time a get a few extra $$$ I try to buy a few ounces. We all have our reasons for prepping and I consider all of them valid. OK, OK, I don't believe the one about a ZOMBIE APPOCALYPSE. My main concern is on economic collapse. However, I'm prepped for Natural Disaster(Super Volcano, Large Meteor Strike, New Madrid, Mo. or Charleston, SC earthquake, Hurricane or Flooding), Pandemic, Civil War and or massive Civil Unrest, Food or Fuel shortage, widespread Electrical power loss, etc.

The one thing I can say about hoarding precious metals is it will always have value and since I'm old and may be dead when disaster comes, my family members will have the benefit of that hoard. I have three pieces of advice. 1. Hoard all you can. 2. Don't keep it all in one place. 3. Only let your closest family members know where its hidden.

I will say that I keep some Silver and some cash in my bugout backpack because you can't find everything you need along side the road.