Author Topic: Mouth Surgery.  (Read 906 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Mouth Surgery.
« on: September 17, 2012, 04:42:54 PM »
Got back. Went straight into mouth surgery. Sucks can't talk, but something good has arrived from this surgery.
Well Two things.

1. My mouth is in much better shape for the Apocalypse.

2. I found out that Publix gives out a free 14 day. Amount of amoxicillin.
I have not verified but I don't think an oral surgeon would lie about something like that.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Mouth Surgery.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:17:18 PM »
Good job. I had mouth surgery about a year ago... sucks..
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 08:54:20 PM »
man RvR that sucks.

I once (once well da'...Like they grew back or something) had all of my wisdom teeth taken out in one fell swoop.

IT SUCKED! I lived off of Gazpacho soup for three days!! Had to go into work on the forth day because I didn't want to take away from any of my vacation time.

To this day, the left side of my face is numb to one extent or another (Stress related). Apparently during the operation the surgeon nicked a nerve in my jaw.  :)) :))

Good luck man...I do feel your pain!  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:59:45 PM »
this may belong in a different topic but...

a guy I work with was just fine for the first couple hours of the day today, and out of nowhere he started shrieking in pain because of a toothache.

honestly, at first I really thought he was bullshitting so he could go home, but because I know exactly what kind of pain he was in because I've experienced it on multiple occasions, I knew he wasn't bullshitting. you'd deserve a damn academy award if you could pull off that kind of acting.

point is, get your dental shit squared away now, because it's no joke. it will completely incapacitate you if you let it get bad enough and there's no quick fix like we currently have.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 08:07:56 AM »
Hey might of have had a, Tic Douloureux. My grandfather use to have episodes of this and sounded just like what you described. 

Tic Douloureux Overview

Tic douloureux or trigeminal neuralgia is a severe, stabbing pain to one side of the face. It stems from one or more branches of the nerve that supplies sensation to the face, the trigeminal nerve. It is considered one of the most painful conditions to affect people.

The pain usually lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes. It may be so intense that you wince involuntarily, hence the term tic. There is usually no pain or numbness between attacks and no dysfunction of the muscles of the face.

Most people feel the pain in their jaw, cheek, or lip on one side of the face only. Pain is usually triggered by a light touch of the face or mouth on the same side as the pain. The pain is so severe that people can become afraid to talk, eat, or move during periods of attacks.

Although a flurry of attacks can last for weeks or months, there are usually periods of months or even years that are symptom-free. The pain of tic douloureux is usually controlled with medications or surgery.

Tic douloureux is generally a disease of middle age or later life. Women are affected more often than men. People with multiple sclerosis are affected much more frequently than the general population.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/tic_douloureux/article_em.htm#tic_douloureux_overview
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:03 PM »
I had dry socket, that shit hurts.  When air hits a nerve, its very painful.  Glad to hear you're doing OK, man.   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline technique

• Death-Merchant
  • Senior Prepper
    • Paleo Prepper
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:26 PM »

1. My mouth is in much better shape for the Apocalypse.

Shape? Shaped like a holster?

FUUUUUUUUUU- LOL, I couldn't help it. Don't talk about mouths around me.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Follow me on Instagram - technique408

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 11:13:16 PM »
I had dry socket, that shit hurts.  When air hits a nerve, its very painful.  Glad to hear you're doing OK, man.   

Yeah dry socket from what i hear sucks really bad... i made damn sure i didnt get that crap...for 3 days all i had was one bowl of macaroni and cheese from KFC.. And my gums were stitched up too... lol

Worse thing reaver will be constantly getting food stuck in the hole where the tooth went.... so annoying.... after a month or two it goes away when it fills back in though.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:15:19 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 11:16:04 PM »
On the third day, my mom forced me to eat grits and eggs... I even told the dumb B, it was going to give me dry socket, and boom, sure enough, fucking dry socket.  Then she told me I was delusional, and made me wait 48 hours before she took me in to the surgeon.  It took him one second to see it was dry socket, and another second to fill it back up with solution and puddy, and it was instant relief.  I never forgave her for that shit. 

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 11:23:17 PM »
On the third day, my mom forced me to eat grits and eggs... I even told the dumb B, it was going to give me dry socket, and boom, sure enough, fucking dry socket.  Then she told me I was delusional, and made me wait 48 hours before she took me in to the surgeon.  It took him one second to see it was dry socket, and another second to fill it back up with solution and puddy, and it was instant relief.  I never forgave her for that shit.

Yea screw that.. i was so butthurt moaning and groaning because i couldnt eat lol.. And i just had one wisdom tooth pulled... it was totally horizontal and impacted. they had to cut out a good size chunk of my jaw bone to get it out... and that bastard dentist wanted to do all four at once... i examined the xrays myself and could see they were all fully grown so no further pain would occur beyond the one giving me trouble now. That wasnt the first time ive felt like i was smarter then a doctor..

Sad when you have to lecture your doctor on stuff because you googled it and he never heard of it. Then he pulls out his giant book and reads aloud and you finnish his sentances.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

All i really need from my doctor is his perscription pad and that hottie nurse..
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:27:35 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 03:25:23 AM »
They took all four of mine, and one of mine was stuck in there like a tick because of all the extra roots, I have American Indian blood in me.  Check it out.  They took a good bit of my jaw bone with it.

that's the one where I got the dry socket.  Man that hurt.

Fuzzy

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 08:38:25 AM »
Went to oral surgeon because dentist could not do the work.

Got price quote real high for wisdom teeth and 2 molars. Told him I did not have insurance and showed him 1,000$ cash and his eyes lit up! Told him I wanted to be knocked out and pain free. He did a great job but gave me 6 vicodin and said see me in 3 days. Well when the IV wore off the next day the pain was hell. By monday the vicodin and a bottle of rum were finished off. That Monday he left for vacation!

I will never forgive him for that and have spread the news to everyone in town. Yeah it was half price in cash! But lie to me on going on vacation and leaving me in pain that goes into my long term memory.

BTW he did give me 10 days of antibiotics but if I did not have super pain meds in my BOB and a good regular dentist that fixed me up with more vicodin that Monday I would have tracked that oral surgeon down and "spread the love".

He did a fine job but abandoned me in aftercare.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »
Great story Fuzzy!  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

On a similar note: It's a long story so I will make it short. My wife's back is 'toast'. She lost her Doctor to him moving to a different HMO but I finally tracked him down.

My wife had her first appointment this past Tuesday and upon leaving the receptionist asked for her insurance card. Since I am out of work I no longer have medical insurance so my wife asked, "What will be the price of the visit if I pay today and in cash." The receptionist said, "Half."

So my wife wiped out our check book and paid.

Remember, your Doctor loves cash and will discount to get it! Thank you Fuzzy for pointing this out.

CrookedSights

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »
All i really need from my doctor is his perscription pad and that hottie nurse..
    [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Broke my jaw and had plates put in and my wisdom teeth pulled all in one go a couple months ago. FYI three weeks on Ensure alone is a helluva way to loose weight. I also fucked the majority of my body up and pain meds never worked to good on me. So I feel your pain bro's. Probably gonna have to have another surgery on my jaw and knee pretty soon. >:( :'(
    So incase anyone has wondered were I've been, I've been in way too much pain and way too tired to do much anything since.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 09:22:43 PM »
Welcome back Crookedsights! :))