Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 156 times)

Offline Trail Ninja

• Novice Prepper
Motivation
« on: November 15, 2023, 07:12:31 PM »
I want to encourage everyone reading this, to post more and comment more!   We are entering a time where we may not be reading these posts on the internet, and will be needing to rely on our over the air frequencies to communicate.   Post some of those thoughts that have been rolling in your head.  I will do the same.

:popcorn:

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 07:28:36 PM »
I am not yet "radio competent" to any degree advocated here... not from lack of desire but more from pressing priorities.
However... sharing daily tidbits, hacks, links, encouragement via the still-functioning web is a HUGE boon.
I love all of you and firmly believe you will meet God in robes quite white enough for a favorable judgement.
Keep the "stuff" coming!
(no detail or observation is too small or irrelevant).

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 07:51:19 PM »
Amen TN!  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Trail Ninja

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 03:29:33 PM »
I'm in a similar position Felix.  I have the equipment and have been setting up, tuning in, and taking down my portable set-up,  but technically can't push-to-talk yet.  I'd check that box if at all possible.

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 08:08:26 PM »
TN

Thanks, you are definitely on the right track.

Also dont forget to learn new skills while keeping up on your proficiency that you already have with others. For me radios have always been a weakness that I am really am trying to get sorted and keep bumping into road blocks (usually self inflicted).  At the same time I have already booked a med refresher course and a number of firearms training classes for 24.

Gunfighting is Americas martial art! Make yourself a skilled practitioner.

Keep up on your fitness and keep your mind sharp, we are all going to need it as things keep progressing into the 24 election cycle.

Chris

Offline Trail Ninja

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 09:50:48 PM »
Copy that CJS06 and thanks.

To all ya'll:

I remember a Three Latter Acronym (TLA) from a Wilderness First Aid course (WFA) I took a few years ago: Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). At any rate, a Positive Mental Attitude is a key element in a survival situation where starvation, an injury, or the elements have you fighting for your life.  The following link contains good info on what PMA is, and how to acquire it.

?Survival is 90 percent psychology. When the chips are down, it doesn?t matter what you have buried in the backyard or how many books on survival you?ve read. If you?re a mental and emotional basket case during your survival episode, you?re toast.? Cody Lundin, 98.6 Degrees.

https://survivalskills.guide/tactics-survival-mindset-positive-attitude/