Author Topic: Military Movement Near Cheyenne Mountain Reported  (Read 1720 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Military Movement Near Cheyenne Mountain Reported
« on: September 08, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »
Just received word (Unconfirmed at this time) that large numbers of military vehicles are moving north and south of Cheyenne Mountain toward the complex there.

Have you observed any unusual movement of military in your AO. If you have please post what you have seen or heard.

If you are able to do so, please contact friends who are truck drivers working today or friends in the military to see if anything is a-foot.

Thank you.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Re: Military Movement Near Cheyenne Mountain Reported
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 04:54:53 PM »
Source?  :tinfoil:

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »
The source is my Aunt's Nephew. No joke.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 06:09:07 PM »
Could be fiscal year-ending exercises to burn off any unused military monies?

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »
Yesterday, I saw a National Guard unit out of the city of Newnan in Coweta County, Georgia board two buses and ship off somewhere. I only mention it because my father lives two streets over, passes that NG location all the time to and from town, and said that it was very peculiar to him. He's a former Marine, so he has a sense about these things. The impression I got was that this was not their usual thing to do. I asked if it was possibly their annual two week training or whatever it is the NG does during the summer out Midwest, but he said they had already shipped out for that a little while ago. He said it didn't make any sense for them to leave. He didn't know their overall MOS, so I can't give more specific information. Perhaps it is unrelated to the Cheyenne Mt. area movements.

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 08:52:14 PM »
Honestly, seeing trucks by themselves or one or two helicopters doesn't scare me. Heck, even Bradleys being shipped on trains don't have their turrets installed (at least when I see them). It's cheaper for them to drive and fly the stuff instead of shipping them on cargo vehicles. Plus, I'm sure it counts towards a pilot's flight log.

Now, if I saw a column of Bradleys with decked-out infantry riding along or walking around with guns, that would make me pause.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »
It's the old "gather info" thing.

There is nobody writing that the end of the world is happening. We are trying to gather intel to see if the end of the world is happening.

Many years ago I use to "dumpster dive" on competitors stores to get intel. That is where we are at so if you have intel great. If you do not hold back on your opinion till we do.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 10:27:05 PM »
I've seen maybe 15-20 large military vehicles haulin mraps and one was some sort of big missile launcher. From SD headin toward LA. Not to say its out of the ordinary but ya.

-Sent from hiding using Tapatalk

Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline THE DUDE

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 12:22:54 AM »
i live in a very suburban area in southern california and have never seen any military style vehicles, until about 4 days ago i saw 3 military style trucks (may be wrong on the type) but they looked like the m35 and from what i have found 2 of the 3 had a radio box on the back and all 3 had large trailers attached. i didn't see any markings and only got a glimpse of the one with the canvas back and saw 2 people in the cab

:tinfoil:

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 01:00:07 AM »
i live in a very suburban area in southern california and have never seen any military style vehicles, until about 4 days ago i saw 3 military style trucks (may be wrong on the type) but they looked like the m35 and from what i have found 2 of the 3 had a radio box on the back and all 3 had large trailers attached. i didn't see any markings and only got a glimpse of the one with the canvas back and saw 2 people in the cab

:tinfoil:

Not sure how long you've been aboard but welcome from a fellow socal member..

-Sent from hiding using Tapatalk
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 08:35:02 AM »
All good info guys. Let's keep our eyes open around us and report on this subject/thread.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
It's hard to say if seeing military vehicles means anything.  Remember, we have a large military and they are always moving something somewhere.  Especially with the sequester they have to move a lot of stuff around to cover needs.

That said, with the Commander In Chief hovering his finger above the go button in Syria, I'm sure that planners are considering a lot of different potential outcomes from such an action.  Heck, they make plans for pretty much every possible scenario that could arise.  If we see the possibility of Russia and terrorist cells being drawn in over this folly, then you can bet they have planned for the possibility as well.

It's prudent on the military's part to move assets to secure locations or areas where the potential for needed military response could arise due to actions in Syria.  They have to be fully aware of how this thing could slip out of control.

Stay alert, they aren't going to tell us what they are up too.  The military is big on secrets.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 09:09:23 AM »
All good stuff Sledge!  :thumbsUp:

Let's stay vigilant and report any movement in the Military Movement Subject Line.

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 09:21:39 AM »
FWIW, I spent some time on Google this morning and I could find no news reports, blog posts, even Twitter, saying "gee there were a lot of army trucks going by" or the like.
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »
Thanks Wellie for taking the time to do this.

Still as you drive around over the next week or two be observant of unusual police or military movement around your AO.

Every forum member plays a roll by using their eyes and ears around the country and reporting things out of the ordinary.  ;)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
Any new news TG?

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »
Not saying you haven't, but ya'll should take the time to

#1 learn what military bases and facilities are around you- You should also try to know about the various things that go on there- units attached etc. (Sometimes small facilities might get A LOT of trafic because it''s where they do something as mundane as repainting vehicles.)  This is something any prepper should be aware of. 

#2 you should all spend some time recognizing bumper numbers and unit insignia.  Every military vehicle should have bumper numbers that tell you what unit and major command a vehicle belongs to...

This link does a little explaining on the subject...

http://olive-drab.com/od_mvg_markings.php

As an example

The left number tells us that this tamk is in the 4th infantry division, 3rd battalion 67th Armor Regiment.  The right side tells us that it is in (reading left to right) Alpha Company, second platoon, 3rd vehicle

National Guard vehicles will have their state, example

North Carolina Army National Guard - 694 Motor Transport (cant make out the right side)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:35:52 PM by Currahee »
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 01:09:20 AM »
I had typed a reply and posted it but I guess it never went though,

each group had
4-5 buses
8-10 commo trucks,
a mix of MRAPS both CAT I and CAT II, a dozen all told
and more F250s then he could keep count of

My source states that the Northbound group was also followed by '5tons' but after some discussion I believe he is mistaking 7 tons for the old Duces.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 03:24:03 AM »
Thx TG.

Great point (s) Currahee!

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »
My last trip to SD I saw way more then the usual military activity on the 15 freeway. I saw government vans hauling dudes, a truck with soldiers rucks and even a convoy of maybe 6 of those tanks with lots of tires and there was guys in the turrets and yes guns were attached. If you stood on the side of the 15 freeway for one day you could film a good tinfoil hat military YT video for sure.

Edit: the vehicles I saw with guns mounted were LAVs like this.
http://www.shephardmedia.com/news/landwarfareintl/thales-supply-upgraded-lav-iii-vehicle-optronics/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:49:19 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 08:33:51 PM »
Keep those eye witness accounts coming in.