Author Topic: Lightning Links?  (Read 555 times)

Offline WhiteWolfReloaded

• Senior Prepper
Lightning Links?
« on: June 24, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »
Anyone know anything about them? I stumbled across some information earlier regarding drop in auto sears and lightning links came up. There seems to be no official vendor for these things and a lot of people seem very confused as to the legality of buying or manufacturing your own. For those who've not heard of them:

How A Lightning Link Works

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
Re: Lightning Links?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32:39 PM »
NFA registered item. Same thing as a machine gun. Not legal to make.
sic luceat lux

Offline WhiteWolfReloaded

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:42:01 PM »
NFA registered item. Same thing as a machine gun. Not legal to make.

Amazing, you can attach a stupid bump fire stock and it's legal, but you can't put one of these in?  :facepalm: Means it actually must work.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:35:07 AM »
They are easy to make, are illegal and they work!  :dancingBanana:

I have read that once you install the lightning link (Takes seconds) you will loose your semi-auto function. You will only have "safe" and full auto. Take out the LL (Takes seconds) and you will have your semi-auto function back.

I have read that 1/16" pop metal works well but a used 1/16" circular saw blade works best!

Last and most important....Just the possession of the two interlocking pieces of metal is a violation of either the '68 or '86 NFA (I forget). The LL does not have to be installed in the weapon.  C:-)

Last, IMO you do not want nor need a fully auto weapon. Semi-auto will do the job! If you need one pick it up from the Blue Helmeted thug you just sent to his/her glory.   ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.