Author Topic: Lifespan of our House of Cards ?  (Read 270 times)

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
Lifespan of our House of Cards ?
« on: January 07, 2024, 12:05:05 PM »
We of The West (which is to say : "civilisation") live a lifestyle unimagined by even royalty not very long ago. We have music of our choice on demand, food in excess, global instant communication, the ability to have light after sundown and to travel to any point on the globe, usually within a single day. However, this works (  worked? ) because of the foundation of hard work, study and VETTING of those who did the foundational work of materials production, engineering and assembly and testing of almost anything. 

I especially think of our infrastructure, which was built in time past, and has been stretched well past it's designed failure, many coming into jobs are not of the caliber of those who came before, and standards are seen as mean spirited, and occasionally claimed to be based on institutional racism.  So, do we go the way of Rhodesia and South Africa?  Where to appease some social agenda we continue to placate the leftists, we focus on being 'nice' to make them FEEEEEEEL good about themselves, all while knowing that having idiots run our advanced systems only leads to systems which only an idiot would use?

When I worked in less developed countries, there seemed to be a techno cliff of sorts, where the imitation of western methods, dropped off precipitously and the resulting crashes, sinking ferry boats (overloaded by 400 %)  electric and plumbing failures were evident even in high dollar hotels.  Yes, even the pretty "5 Star Hotel" for outsiders looks very shiny with lots of glitter, metallic and all, but the experienced traveler knew that you do NOT put tap water near your mouth.

Japan was wonderful, because of their sense of responsibility, other Asian nations, not so much, Step away from there into South or central Asia and the westerner is often in for a shock - and bacillary dysentery...

For long term, perhaps we might increasingly see South African style electrical brown outs , "load shedding" sounds better than the reality of a poorly maintained and failing infrastructure. Add to that, civil and agricultural water failures, resulting in the need to IMPORT FOOD previously produced inside of the country also on the Southern African model. These situations can become dangerous, especially in this arid region ( Think Southern California).  I think the South Africans who remember the old RELIABLE systems could teach us a LOT about what they've learned to do to mitigate their sadly decayed infrastructure and general mismanagement.  Plumbers have saved more lives than doctors, so what happens as our water and sewage begin to become the same thing: water mixed with sewage  ?

Food for thought (cook it well and wash your hands before eating...)

Sir John Honeybucket

Food for thought:   https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/opinions/the-effects-of-a-failing-power-grid-in-south-africa/
South African data centers -vs- power availability.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 11:26:17 AM by Sir John Honeybucket »
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline zanedclark

• Prepper
Re: Lifespan of our House of Cards ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 10:10:18 AM »
Not only sewage but other contaminants.  I am in a small town in central California and we get notices of levels of arsenic and Trichloroethylene or 123something in the water supply that are elevated. 

zane

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 04:21:59 PM »
Don't worry Zane..... Arsenic won't kill you outright. It builds up in your system and slowly kills you over a long period of time. That's why they call it slow poison. 111 Trichloroethane is just fine. Don't worry about it, I used it in a reflux machine in my work to strip Asphalt off of paving materials to the see if there was enough asphalt in the paving material. It'll just make you dizzy and destroy your brain over a long period of time. I had a friend who was a Doctor and I asked him about 111 Trichloroethane and he said that it was like Chloroform and would just put you to sleep. Bwahahaha. I said, "Gee thanks for the wonderful useless piece of information". :facepalm:

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 08:02:25 PM »
Please, correct me if I misspeak:
Older empires are _always_ conquered by (on the surface) "less sophisticated" groups/cultures.  Proper table settings versus warrior culture expressed, the masses going along with "the strong horse" in the end.
Niceties go by the wayside as new controls are established by a superior brute force.  Refinements?   None, other than the vibrancy of their tribe's moment and youthful, virile, ascendency.
IOWs, kill or be killed is the final decider.   Always has been.  Anybody see reason for thinking "this time it's different"?
America is in the early transformations that led to current South Africa.
Does the ball go thru the hoop or ring around and fall to rebounders?
Don't know.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 01:38:55 PM »
Please, correct me if I misspeak:
Older empires are _always_ conquered by (on the surface) "less sophisticated" groups/cultures.  Proper table settings versus warrior culture expressed, the masses going along with "the strong horse" in the end.
Niceties go by the wayside as new controls are established by a superior brute force.  Refinements?   None, other than the vibrancy of their tribe's moment and youthful, virile, ascendency.
IOWs, kill or be killed is the final decider.   Always has been.  Anybody see reason for thinking "this time it's different"?
America is in the early transformations that led to current South Africa.
Does the ball go thru the hoop or ring around and fall to rebounders?
Don't know.

These times are different

In the past, as far back as ever written about, whenever there was a battle going on for any reason, the people had the choice to go to another land that was unoccupied. In todays world there is no unoccupied land and you either need to fight or submit.
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 08:29:39 PM »
Interesting subject Sir John. Thank you for raising it.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.