Author Topic: JohnyMac & Stockpile77 out for a stroll  (Read 1422 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
JohnyMac & Stockpile77 out for a stroll
« on: September 01, 2013, 03:22:42 PM »
The Mac bro's out for a short 4 mile patrol this morning with Sister in-law leading the way; pointing at stones she wants us to pick up and take back to the cabin.   :DrillSgt:

Yeah right...We will get right on that chore.  ;)
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:22:49 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: JohnyMac & Stockpile77 out for a stroll
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 04:24:31 PM »
Come on JMac, pick up the rocks! Nothing says fun like rucking around a pile of gravel!

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 04:39:32 PM »
Great place JM, I'd really like to have that kind of forest around here.

How is the leg holster working for you? I think is kind of low, have you tried using it higher in your leg?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 09:20:29 PM »
Funny shit folks.

Yes APX it is too low. It needs to come up 4" or so. To be quite honest with you I like the holster but I don't. I have been rocken with a leather holster on my "minute man" rig so long this drop leg holster is really new to me. I started using it because my plate carrier Molle vest was getting in the way. A friend of my bro is a small arms contractor in one of the Stan's and recommended I go with it - Still working out the bugs.

On another note: There is this guy who has bugging us to work independently on our old "blue stone" quarry which hasn't been worked in years and I gave him permission to at least check it out. Well they pulled a skid out last week and was told they have two skids more to be picked up on Tuesday. So part of our patrol was to swing buy the quarry and check things out.

Well as we approached the quarry we heard a pick-up trying to drive out the old logging road so we approached the situation cautiously.

Sure enough as we walked down the logging road to the quarry there was a 2WD pick-up stuck in a foot of mud a' spinning his tires and going nowhere. As my brother and i approached the pick-up in typical 2 man fire team formation the driver looked up and I could see him mouth, "OH SHIT!"

I put my fist up to stop my bro and pointed at the driver and gave the "cut off" sign. He turned off his engine and put his head against the steering wheel as I approached the truck and I said, "hey, I am John xxxx and this is my quarry what's up?"

He quickly told me that he was working the quarry for YYYYY (The guy we had a contract with) and he came by today to drop off a cutting blade for work on Tuesday.

I re-slung my rifle and motioned for my bro to come on down the rest of the way on the logging road. Then introduced myself and my bro as the owners of the quarry.

We asked him to walk us through the process of cutting stone and here are a few pics. 

Well to be quite frank after a quick interview I am probably going to cut these guys loose as they don't have insurance. I would hate for my brother and I to get stuck paying out some big bucks if one of them injured themselves. It's a shame as the young guy we met is 30 years old and has three young ones to support plus his wife who is a a cashier in the local grocery store.

Any idea's folks? I just don't want to get "insurance screwed" if you know what I mean.   
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:12:01 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »
Damn, its really sad what happens with that guy cutting stones but you need to cover your ass man.
Lawyers are worst thing that happened to the world.

Regarding the drop leg holster, you need to use it as close to your belt as you can, here a few reasons:

1 - Easy of movement, you need the weight close to your center of gravity, the weight towards your knee will unbalance you.
2 - Drawing quickness, less movement = more speed.

I carry my pistol in my belt and changed the arrangement of the pouches in my vest to allow me a clean way to draw the pistol.
Good thing is that my key pieces of equipment are available just grabbing my belt and that drawing movement is always the
same, or very similar when you are with full gear or not.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:47:39 PM »
Bet that dude wasn't expecting that! lol Hey, that was pretty neat, he cut that one rock to look just like a dog. Naw, I don't know what to say about the insurance thing. Everybody is so sue happy anymore. Maybe, he could sign a waiver.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 10:06:30 PM »
LOL hj, that dog's name is Molsen Lite and belongs to my brother. That damn dog gets into EVERYTHING! I have stories that would have you rolling on the grass. Either that dog is blessed or smarter than we give him credit for.

Just tonight he tried to screw our neighbors dog...In front of us while eating dinner...And he is NEUTERED - Or as my brother says, "missing his wallet."

APX, I just read your response concerning my holster draw length out loud here at the cabin...My wife said, "I knew you were wearing it to long but I wouldn't DARE to say anything." Then my sister in-law said, "I agree with K, you were wearing it WAYYYY to long. Long is Bad!"

At this point I am just shaking my head when my brother pipes up: "Man I was to embarrassed to say anything but you were wearing your holster like a "Detroit gangster" would have."  :facepalm:

Man O' man I get no respect.  ;)
No Respect

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:14:43 PM by JohnyMac »

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »
LOL, tha gangsta holsta  :lmfao:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 10:16:35 PM »
Yeah...Yeah...Yeah, you are all a barrel of laughs!  :cheers:

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 10:23:58 PM »
That is some nice Blue Stone John, I'm more than a little jealous!

If you feel for that man you need to figure out a way for them to do the job without your own ass hanging out there and get them to clean up that work site.

Oh another thing too, sagging your holster means that you are receptive to a gay range day...  :lmfao:  your world brother  :hiding:

Offline USMC0331

• Prepper
  • fka. "DVCPrepper"
    • MRPC
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 10:58:28 PM »
JohnyMac,
google one strap mod for your 6004, the snipershide had a good tutorial on how to raise that puppy up.  I think you are wearing it too low. ;P
---
"Do nothing which is of no use."  - Miyamoto Musashi
Gal 5:19-21 -God

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 02:32:26 AM »
Speaking of drop legs, does anyone know of a holster that will attatch to a belt and drop it down just enough so the top of the grip is about level with the bottom of the belt? Specifically for a Glock 22. Sorry to veer off topic Johnnymac.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 08:09:20 AM »
Yeah I agree with ya' TG.
Thx DVC I will. I don't have a Safariland 6004, they don't make a holster for my Kimber Eclipse II. I am rocken a
Blackhawk Serpa 2.
No worries Grudgie I don't think you are veering off topic.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:29:19 AM by JohnyMac »

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 07:50:46 PM »
Cute puppy! :) Bet that stone worker nearly had a heart attack.  Wonder what he told his wife when he got home.  :lmfao: I have to second (third? fourth?) the suggestion to find someone with insurance.  I'm sure this guy is nice, but all you need is for him to get a splinter and you could find yourself in a heap of trouble.

As a side note - I like my leg holster (I have a nice S&W .38 revolver), but I find that the weapon and holster are pretty heavy and make my belt dig into my side on the other hip because of the weight pulling on them.  Any suggestions for more comfortable wearing?
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »
WPW, You need a good quality belt. This is my EDC (Every Day Carry) belt: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp?ProductID=1323&CatalogID=254

It really makes a big difference.

The gent we have the stone contract with stopped by today for a beer and told us that his worker told him that when he got home after my bro and my chat with him; he told his wife to throw out his under drawers..."Don't even try to wash them dear."

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:38:30 PM by JohnyMac »

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 01:15:38 AM »
The gent we have the stone contract with stopped by today for a beer and told us that his worker told him that when he got home after my bro and my chat with him; he told his wife to throw out his under drawers..."Don't even try to wash them dear."

:thumbsUp:

Colombo

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 11:44:20 AM »
If you got a good dependable worker with ties to his community you might consider helping him get a license and insurance by guidance or against future contract work. Used to do that all the time in construction. Sometimes they fall flat on their face and sometimes you get a great business associate in the community.

Cool dog.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 03:52:59 PM »
Thx Colombo,
I will work something out. Times are tough and I would hate to say no to a guy that wants to work.  :thumbsUp:

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »
Might not be a bad idea to have someone in the community that is well connected who 'owes' you one.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 08:24:30 AM »
Yupper.