Author Topic: JohnyMac On The Economy December 2, 2023  (Read 479 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
JohnyMac On The Economy December 2, 2023
« on: December 02, 2023, 12:32:39 PM »
Many of the markets are seeing unusual gains during the past month of November while crude prices are dropping. I spent some time looking into it this morning. I follow six economist/analysts which I have mentioned before. To make things easy they will be referred to 6EA's in this post.

High visibility markets I follow at the close of this week.

Gold closed yesterday at $2,072 an ounce.
Silver at $25.61 an ounce
DJIA, 36,246 points

Two of the 6EA's predict that there will be a panic move the week of December 18th. The panic move will be spurred with a liquidity problem with either UBS or Barclay's in the EU. They also feel that the Ukraine/Russian conflict is coming to an end with Ukraine receiving the short end of the stick. There was a lot of money thrown into that bottomless pit so yet again, there is way too much money in circulation. More money = inflation. Inflation = higher interest rates.

The current 3% Bidenomics inflation rate will start to creep up in January and be at full gallop by the end of Q1, 2024 if the Fed does not act to raise rates now. Also looking at the DJIA, there is a narrative making the rounds that there will be no more Fed rate hikes. It is a bogus rumor. At the minimum, the rate of 5.33% will remain through Q1, 2024. All the 6EA's feel there is still to much USD out in circulation. If this does not change by the end of Q1, 2024, the Fed will raise the rates yet again. I think the rates need to be raised now and by 50 bpts, otherwise inflation will fall upon us like a collapsing building in March. Perfect timing for the 2024 elections.  ;)     

Several of the 6EA's are pointing to the rising DJIA and PM's to investors in the EU realizing banking challenges along with the Ukraine drama is coming to an end. They are moving money out of the Euro & BP into the DJIA, and PM's.

Brent closed yesterday at $80- a barrel. This is because the US is working behind the scenes to drive the price down to around $60- a barrel. This is being done not so consumers can have a lower price at the pump but so .gov can start replenishing our oil reserves. In part .gov can do this because of the bumper corn crop this past season which in turn is driving down petrol at the pump. Not diesel mind you, petrol.

OPEC has countered this drop in price by announcing the other day they were going to reduce pumping by 2.2m barrels a day for Q1, 2024. Knowing the brilliant men & women within the D.C. loop, they will screw up our play. 

It will be interesting to see if something big happens in the EU the week of December 18th, that creates a panic of sorts. What will the panic be? Money flooding out of the EU into DJIA and PM's or people taking profits and stuffing them under their mattresses in anticipation of a rocky 2024.

Stay tuned,

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 12:36:28 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
Re: JohnyMac On The Economy December 2, 2023
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 04:54:50 PM »
Me?   I suspect the very "best" we can hope for is that as the ENTIRE world's financial structure reaches the end of worldwide fiat, debt-based reset, America retains its position as the "best looking of the uglies".   And there are arguments to support that thesis.    Not that the biggest pig in shit will come out smelling exactly like roses, but...
So.   If financially a BIG crash will have to be managed (soon)... and it doesn't involve tossing nukes... might we stay on the ride (keeping hands and feet inside the ride at all times) and come out the other side "somewhat" intact.?  America, burdened as she is, still has a LOT of solid, good things to fall back on (read: climate, world's percentage of arable land, mineral resources still on our own soil (bordered by two wide oceans).   And wild cards?   Let's talk about the hordes of "gate crashers" streaming across our southern border.   Those clever, "Democrat" corruptocrats are depending (taking for granted) on A) enlisting them as solid votes, and/or 2) simply crashing our safety nets and the entire edifice of order with it.   However:  both "Black" AND "Hispanic" voters are showing undeniable signs of becoming impatient with life "on the plantation".    What IF our new "immigrants" are both illiterate AND yet clued to the type of scams that hobbled their homeland?    What if the talk amongst themselves choses "MAGA" as the best, long-term ticket going forward?

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 02:18:56 PM »
yet again, there is way too much money in circulation. More money = inflation. Inflation = higher interest rates.
Stay tuned,

And for those us who rely on SocSec for a fair part of their income, it is going up next year by 3.2%.  Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy don't it.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 10:09:41 AM »
One of the economists/analysis I follow is Tom Luongo. Here is his latest YT video. It is 1-hour long but if you only have 15 minutes at least listen to that. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tMSpmQX7bU

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 01:59:28 PM »
Hmmm... the conspiracy theorists deep dive!     And golly, some things that were perplexing for me for quite awhile get VERY believable explanations.   
As to heroes, I wouldn't want to be their life insurer.    We are being battered by a vast evil that is metastasizing and playing for ALL the marbles and for KEEPS.
Thanks for intro to Tom Luongo. 
  He was already setting the hook with his descriptivist term for Andrew Sorkin.
(now I think I'll start paying closer attention to gold miners - buying the dips)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 09:31:23 PM »
FELIX  :cheers:

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 04:12:46 PM »
Update on the 3.?% SS KOLA slated for next year:

No heralding of the increase in Medicare expenses.

Go figure.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 07:03:05 PM »
I would strongly suggest looking at the Part C programs.  There are some good ones out there that include dental coverage and some dayum good script (Part D) coverage.

Due to the short notice on this look first at Humana and United Health Care.  Tomorrow is the last day this year to sign up or change programs.

On the chance life is similar to now next October I have some experience and dealings on this and can give some pointers if interested.

In any event, Part B (doc care and stuff) will be going up by $9.80.

Nemo

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-sheets/2024-medicare-parts-b-premiums-and-deductibles

On October 12, 2023, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the 2024 premiums, deductibles, and coinsurance amounts for the Medicare Part A and Part B programs, and the 2024 Medicare Part D income-related monthly adjustment amounts.

.   .   .

Each year, the Medicare Part B premium, deductible, and coinsurance rates are determined according to provisions of the Social Security Act. The standard monthly premium for Medicare Part B enrollees will be $174.70 for 2024, an increase of $9.80 from $164.90 in 2023. The annual deductible for all Medicare Part B beneficiaries will be $240 in 2024, an increase of $14 from the annual deductible of $226 in 2023.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 07:10:01 PM by Nemo »

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2023, 07:14:48 PM »
And the gold stuff. Numbers still over $2K but lower.

Nemo

Todays prices. 

https://www.monex.com/liveprices/

Updated on 12/6/2023 at 7:14 PM

Monex Spot Gold
$2,030.00

Monex Spot Silver
$24.01

And I just ran across this.  This whole system is nowhere near normal.
N

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/us-crude-oil-falls-below-70-the-lowest-since-june
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 07:51:33 PM by Nemo »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2023, 12:06:51 PM »
And oil.  This economy stuff just ain't acting right regarding all the past normal supply/demand/price/cost/availabliltiy and all that stuff.

Nemo

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/US-Gasoline-Prices-Continue-Falling-as-Futures-Hit-Two-Year-Low.html

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2023, 05:01:07 PM »
Covered crude in my original synopsis.  ;D

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2023, 05:59:11 PM »
Update on SS KOLA - the good news/the bad news:

Yes, the Happy Talkers within the MSM bullpen are and will reassuringly tout the 3.6%(?) increase in Social Security payments starting next month..

But as with hen's teeth, the scarcity of talk about the raise in Medicare deductions goes unremarked.
Why spook the herd if you can keep them moving up the ramps into the slaughter house without disrupting anything, right?
Well, bottom line...
Looks like we'll get to keep the same basic levels of access to technology/medications - but at a cost (the dirty little secret, eh, MSM?)
Mathematically, my input/outgo will equate to a $ 114.00=/- DROP in "pay" per month for the coming year.   A net _hit_ to personal budgeting.
Any "useless eaters" volunteering to lighten the load for the rest of us?

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2023, 06:57:25 PM »
Covered crude in my original synopsis.  ;D

And I still cannot figure it out.

Nemo   :tinfoil:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2023, 07:27:24 PM »
USA forcing crude lower so at $60- a barrel they can begin to refile the oil reserves.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2023, 11:29:55 AM »
Just a few things to follow up with my original post here.

1) DJIA continues to climb. The highest ever happened Jan. 4, 2022, when it closed at 36,799. Today it is up and at this
    writhing is 36,353. Fun fact: Post that date the market declined down to below 29,000 points in October the same
    year. That was a 22% correction over 9 months. Should be interesting to watch as we approach the 2024 Presidential
    election.

2) As of this writing, gold has dropped yet again below the $2K ceiling. Down from a high two weeks ago when it crossed the
    $2,100 ceiling. Silver hit almost the $26- a ceiling and today opening at $23-.  Interesting. Mmmmm, can you say,
    "government intervention?"

3) Remember, the week of December 18th there will be a panic move that could be a + or - .

A "+" could be more money moving from EU to the states due to a major event there. A "-" could be a whole host of things
    from a expanded war, or major political event, etc.

4) Crude continues to drop. We are seeing it at the pump thanks to the bumper corn crop (Ethanol) this year. Will the event
    of December 18th cause the crude to rise or continue to drop. Who knows.  ;) Just something to watch.

Stay tuned

« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 11:32:57 AM by JohnyMac »

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2023, 06:31:05 AM »
Felix said it:  "...America retains its position as the "best looking of the uglies".

It really is a comparative game, global finances are.  The previous financial tumble I was involved in personally, was the ASEAN crisis.  Their group of currencies all fell at roughly the same rate, so trade among ASEAN members changed little, However, prices OUTSIDE of the group rapidly went out of site.  The locals where I was ( Borneo ) went for cooking oil, rice and nonperishable foods ( tins, mostly ). as fast as they could, to outpace the currency devaluation.  At that time, the U.S. dollar was king, and so I was in a good position.  I also had a return ticket in my pocket, just in case.

This relates to the current and perhaps future situation in that you do NOT require a fully solvent currency, just a 'better' one.  In a race to the bottom, last place is most desirable. 

\

- Sir John Honeybucket
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 06:29:51 PM by Sir John Honeybucket »
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2023, 06:13:50 PM »
A economist/analyst friend calls it, "the best looking horse in the glue factory".  ;)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2023, 01:02:27 PM »
Well this is the week that "they" are predicting a "panic event" somewhere around the globe.

Funny story...I receive a yearly stipend from my investment house the first week of January each year. This investment house is one of the six economist/analyst I follow. Anyway, my advisor and now President of the group, were exchanging year end pleasantries and 2024 predictions via email last week. I received a phone call Friday from one of her many assistants that I was going to be sent half of my yearly stipend Monday (Today) rather then one lump some as usual.

I inquired why? Was it for tax reasons? The reply was, "nope". "It just makes sense you receive your money before the end of the year". I tried to get something out of her but she was very close mouthed. Interesting...

Stay tuned,

« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 01:05:44 PM by JohnyMac »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2023, 06:04:46 PM »
All bills paid for the month, some cash left over in the bank.  Methinks I must stop by tomorrow.  I have been spending a bit more than usual out of pocket rather than plastic.

Nemo

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2023, 09:24:26 PM »
Nemo, you are always welcome to come by anytime. Some of you folks have met Dorothy (W3OOF). She will sit in front of you and watch you like you are a big ass porterhouse unless I call her off.  ;)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2023, 09:26:03 AM »
 :lmfao: :lmfao:

Meant stop by the bank and turn numbers on a screen into papers in hand then metal in a stash or calories in a vacseal bag or can.

W300F and I would have some interesting conversations I'm sure.  I may have a bit of issue with a Belgian accent but I could speak French pretty well many moons ago and I speak dog fluently.

Nemo   8)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2023, 03:55:47 PM »
Nemo,  :thumbsUp:  :cheers:

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2023, 04:55:58 PM »
Back on topic, DOW close up 250 or so points today, closing at record high of 37,557.

House prices are generally dropping in the 5-10% range because people are wanting to move houses and that will help offset interest rate numbers.

Rates come down some and market picks up and prices bounce a bit and whamalamadingdong recession late spring/early summer.

Just in time for the elections.

Remember, Bidenomics is working.

Nemo

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2023, 08:38:19 PM »
I my pray that my contacts and I am 100% wrong.

We will see.