Author Topic: If you cant buy it, make it!  (Read 595 times)

Offline Mlee

• Novice Prepper
If you cant buy it, make it!
« on: June 12, 2013, 02:54:35 AM »
I just got this beauty in a week ago and set it up last weekend after welding together a stand. I am currently attending machinist school and looking forward to be able to apply what I have been learning in class, at home. Can't wait to start making parts and doing more gunsmithing. For those that are aiming to be more self-sufficient and the willingness to learn, I think this is another great way make/repair things around the homestead and have a means to barter with for goods.

*By the way, I am open to making custom parts and barrel threading as long as they are legal. PM me for details.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:52:58 PM by Mlee »
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: If cant buy it, make it!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »
Mlee, we need to talk. I need things..

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »
Cool beans! Two questions:

1) Where did you get t (Link), and
2) What is your plan for back-up power when the lights go out? Solar/battery's/inverter? Generator?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Mlee

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
Mlee, we need to talk. I need things..

I sent you a PM
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Offline Mlee

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
Cool beans! Two questions:

1) Where did you get t (Link), and
2) What is your plan for back-up power when the lights go out? Solar/battery's/inverter? Generator?

I don't understand your question one but for question two, I have a generator and if gas becomes hard to come by, it would be a good time now to start thinking about making parts for a wood gas generator conversion.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: If you cant buy it, make it!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 02:02:28 PM »
Sorry man...By fault. I may want to buy one. Do you have a link that I could go to check it out? Thx

What a great idea making a wood gas generator!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Mlee

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 02:16:25 PM »
Sorry man...By fault. I may want to buy one. Do you have a link that I could go to check it out? Thx

What a great idea making a wood gas generator!

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-x-22-Bench-Top-Metal-Lathe/G0602

There you go.

Offline Mlee

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 02:16:52 PM »
I just got this beauty in a week ago and set it up last weekend after welding together a stand. I am currently attending machinist school and looking forward to be able to apply what I have been learning in class, at home. Can't wait to start making parts and doing more gunsmithing. For those that are aiming to be more self-sufficient and the willingness to learn, I think this is another great way to make/repair things around the homestead and have a means to barter with for goods.

*By the way, I am open to making custom parts and barrel threading as long as they are legal. PM me for details.