Author Topic: Gadgets EU Surplus Discussion  (Read 881 times)

gadget99

Gadgets EU Surplus Discussion
« on: December 18, 2014, 11:12:01 AM »
Hi all,

I thought it best to bring the discussion here to it's own thread.

gadget99

Re: Gadgets EU Surplus Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:21:54 AM »
OK..... I am open to suggestions.....

To fund my prepping I am going to start selling the stuff I can get my hands on over here.

Now that is what I am going to be doing over here. I will most likely be selling on EBAY and will be making the stuff available for overseas shipping.

Now when it comes to the people on UP, I am open to suggestions on how to possibly get some deals over to you all.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 12:30:26 PM »
I don't know if Ebay does coupon codes or not but I've got a great work around for you.

You list your wares on ebay, if a member of the forum wants to buy something you've got then we just hit you up though the forum, then PayPal, then??? and profit!

gadget99

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 01:08:01 PM »
I don't know if Ebay does coupon codes or not but I've got a great work around for you.

You list your wares on ebay, if a member of the forum wants to buy something you've got then we just hit you up though the forum, then PayPal, then??? and profit!

What I could also do is hit up everyone on here when I get some new stock in. Can list most of the stock I get in so that people can look at what I have and then see if anyone wants anything. We can do the paypal thing and I can get the stuff out the door. Then I add what I have left over to my listings.

I like this idea......

I will see what I can come up with.

Remember ..... I am a cheap bastard. So I always look for items that have some serious value. Like the field dressings.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 01:50:52 PM »
IIRC ebay let's you change the quantity on your listing at will.. oh and it's called 'extremely frugal' not a 'a cheap bastard.'

gadget99

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 07:01:49 AM »
I just put the bandages on ebay.

You can see the listing if you do a search for "Soviet Block Military Bandage"

Take a look and tell me what you think.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 10:53:53 AM »
Looks good.  Listed as I see it for $3.91.  I presume that is each and it shows shipping at $16.10.  Am I correct?  If so, as much as I would like a few, that it just too high.

A suggestion.  Put a cost on there as to an "In Your Door" number.  For example you could get a package of 10 of those in my door here in the US for X number of dollars.

Make it an In Your Door with costs for deliver to the UK and US and EU or where ever you realistically anticipate sales.

That is what I try to figure out anytime I purchase anything online.  That is the final number that lets me determine price total and do I want to purchase it.  If so, do I purchase local or online.  If online who do I purchase from.

I see few places do that and you could be one of the first. Ease of determining that would cause me to go with your stuff if it were reasonable rather than all that looking and calculating.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Burt Gummer

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
Keep in mind that you can sell to members on this forum without Ebay. Since we are a community we are socially accountable to ourselves. then you won't have to pay Paypal & Ebay, and collect more profit for yourself.

If i scam you out your payment, or you scam me out of my bandages, one of us would be unable to remain socially engaged on the forum, and we'd pay that way.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 02:16:50 PM »
REMINDER:  Forum *policy is that responsibility lies with the shipper to use a tracking service; whether the shipment be merchandise or payment.  UP does not guarantee, arbitrate, broker, or otherwise have any responsibility for transactions among it's forum members.  However, UP staff can determine members' future participation on this forum (i.e. "**banned")

*Policy previously determined from a deal gone bad.  Offender was eventually **banned from the forum for not making good on the deal.

That being said, to my knowledge, with the exception of one deal-gone-bad, ALL other person-to-person deals on this forum have been satisfactory for both parties.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:32:13 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
If it is a bad deal or such we can all band together and hunt em down like a dog.   :chuky:  Anyone with me on this?

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 03:26:31 PM »
That's pretty much how it's gone in the past.. folks blew me up on my cell till we had it worked out.. I suppose that is in John's wheelhouse now ;)

gadget99

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 02:34:16 AM »
Lol.... Don't worry.

I don't expect anyone here on the forum to buy from the eBay listing.

That is what I only listed 50 of them.

After the Holliday's I will put  shout out here to everyone.

You tell me how many you would like and I can check out the cheapest shipping for it to get to you. I am going to sell at just about cost board members here. Just to cover PayPal fees shipping and such.

Hope that sounds good.

gadget99

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 04:00:54 AM »
Hi All,

I did some looking around on EBay US. I don't believe I can beat the prices on there for bandages.

The Israeli bandages are of better quality and the price with shipping is better than what I can do.