Author Topic: Eclipse Plans?  (Read 151 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Eclipse Plans?
« on: April 07, 2024, 12:45:49 PM »
I am watching it.  Got specs and all.  I am in about 85% coverage area and went to West KY in 2017 and watch it at full coverage then.  It was amazing.

Looking forward and planning on being around for the next one in about 20 years.

Hope to see you all still here then too.

Although I have seen some predictions as this is the beginning of the next age, second coming, WW3, ET visiting here so he can phone home and all those.

I am sticking with a cool planetary event that has happened before and will again.  But keeping close to home this time.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
Re: Eclipse Plans?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 01:04:12 PM »
I'm in Alaska, we get enough dark days during the winter months so this is no big deal. Even if it was visible up here I would not do anything different.

Although I did read a joke about a guy buying inflatable dolls, filling them with helium and let them go during the event just to watch the people freak out over the rapture. I'm a believer in Christ so to me it could happen at any time but I did get a chuckle over the statement
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 04:40:44 PM »
The only thing I am going to do is to put my one HF radio that is out into the faraday cage. There is a comet, I think that is supposed to come over during the eclipse. The last time this happened was like 1811-12 and there was some electrical issues. I do not understand what electrical issues as batteries were a new thing at that time.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 03:43:09 PM »
Ask Bidens energy dept. They will educate you on the power issues back then.  It caused all the Hoover Dam generators to fry and need replaced.   Fried a bunch of electric cars too.

Where do you think the Budget Deficit started? 

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 09:30:30 PM »
My plans got radically changed.  I woke up this morning with breathing difficulties, each breath is agony.  Went to one of the local emergency rooms, and it was determined that I have a case of pneumonia.  Of course, the ordeal took over 6 hours, so I missed the high point of the eclipse, but we weren't in totality area anyways.  I was given the choice of staying in the hospital or going home and taking antibiotics.  So, I'm home taking it easy over the next few days.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 12:36:45 AM »
Sorry to hear about your Pneumonia. That stuff is not to be fooled around with. Take those meds religiously because if you don't it can come back on you twice as bad. I know warm weather is on its way but sometimes breathing cool air helps. When you feel up to it, try stepping outside at night and breath some of the cool night air. I ain't no Doctor but I've had a daughter and wife who have had it when they were young. It's even more dangerous when you're starting to age.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 09:23:33 AM »
Get better.  That is an instruction, not a hope going at you.

Do the pneumonia vaccines.  If your doc will do it, get both the Prevnar 20 and Pneumovax 23.  That should cover you with the widest range.

Everyone here should also ask their doc about DPT and MMR updates.  Those will kill just as dead as Covid and if not killing you, is at least a bit worse living through it.

Do the Shingrix too.  I had a dose of shingles show up on my face.  I had some leftover morphine type tabs, 5mg, from a hip replacement I did not use at home at all for that.  I used several for the shingels.

Get Shingrix!

Nemo

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 09:45:38 PM »
Had the pneumonia vaccine, the ER doctor said the vaccine only protects against one version of pneumonia and there are many types. I feel much better today. Getting plenty of rest and taking it easy.  Also, getting my share of cool night air when I let my dog pack outside before we all go to bed.

Anyways, missed most of the eclipse since I was in the ER, but it made me reflect on my own mortality and what if this happened post-apocalypse. I think I?ll be ordering some of this particular antibiotic, just in case.

Offline Searchboss

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2024, 09:53:24 AM »

I think I'll be ordering some of this particular antibiotic, just in case.

I am glad to learn that you are feeling better and on the mend. I wish you a swift and complete recovery!

I have been building a small  ;) supply of antibiotics and other medication to have on hand to treat various ailments in case they may no longer be readily available at some point. It gives me peace of mind to know that I can treat a serious illness even if we cannot get to a doctor, hospital, or pharmacy. My discussions with a local MAG verified that very few members make this a priority. Generally, it seems to be because they do not have a medical background and have not put any effort into learning anything about pharmacology. I am glad to see you are proactive. I know that there are two or three first-line antibiotics that might be selected for Pneumonia. Would you mind sharing which drug you were prescribed?

I used to order most of my antibiotics online from animal pharmacy sources but for the last couple of orders I bought from JASE Medical https://jasemedical.com/. While the quantity is lower than I would like, and they are expensive,  :( they do provide a variety to cover most ailments. I have read that they recently expanded the quantity and number of medications that they offer. I will have to look into that.

If you have a different source that would be available to others please share.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2024, 11:08:03 AM »
I had a weird event happen during the eclipse.

I was driving and my GPS went wacko for a few seconds, I glanced down to my dash and it was blinking and acting weird for a few seconds. I'm in Alaska, no where near the shadow and I dont know if it was related to the event but it was weird
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2024, 05:39:53 PM »

I think I'll be ordering some of this particular antibiotic, just in case.

I am glad to learn that you are feeling better and on the mend. I wish you a swift and complete recovery!

I have been building a small  ;) supply of antibiotics and other medication to have on hand to treat various ailments in case they may no longer be readily available at some point. It gives me peace of mind to know that I can treat a serious illness even if we cannot get to a doctor, hospital, or pharmacy. My discussions with a local MAG verified that very few members make this a priority. Generally, it seems to be because they do not have a medical background and have not put any effort into learning anything about pharmacology. I am glad to see you are proactive. I know that there are two or three first-line antibiotics that might be selected for Pneumonia. Would you mind sharing which drug you were prescribed?

I used to order most of my antibiotics online from animal pharmacy sources but for the last couple of orders I bought from JASE Medical https://jasemedical.com/. While the quantity is lower than I would like, and they are expensive,  :( they do provide a variety to cover most ailments. I have read that they recently expanded the quantity and number of medications that they offer. I will have to look into that.

If you have a different source that would be available to others please share.

In the past I've used www.buy-pharma.md   Delivery usually takes 15-30 days.  For those interested in the particular antibiotic used in my case of pneumonia, it was Cefdinir 300mg twice daily for 10 days.  It seems very effective for me, can't say how it will respond for others.  I've used the buy-pharma website for other antibiotics and some other pharmaceuticals, never had an issue.  Their products are made in India, Asia and Europe.  I consider them to be the next step up from an animal pharmacy.