Author Topic: Digital on my IC 7300  (Read 288 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Digital on my IC 7300
« on: December 15, 2023, 01:37:09 AM »
I can't believe what just happened. I was going to play with some digital on my radio and for some reason, it just stopped working. I hear the sounds coming out of the radio but the computer doesn't receive or transmit and shows nothing on the waterfall. I really hate the thought of having to go through that hour long process of resetting everything in the program. Even if I do, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to make it work again. :faint:

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
Re: Digital on my IC 7300
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 04:14:28 AM »
Is your computer operating system Windows based ? I used to have mystery problems when Windows would do an automated update. No such problems on my.
 Linux OS laptop. 

Warning - I am NOT a computer guy. 
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 09:20:15 AM »
That sucks PK.  I need to play with my 7300 and get it working on digital too, but I've been waiting to see how your set-up worked.  You may need to do a reset and then re-install the different parameters.  I keep putting off the digital mode stuff until I have a day that has nothing else planned.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 03:32:35 PM »
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to go through all my settings again. This morning, I turned on my computer and my 7300 and I was able to receive digital but it still won't transmit. Hmmm... Maybe I'll get it working again by Tuesday. Then again, maybe I won't. We'll see what we see when we see it. :popcorn:

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 06:10:16 AM »
OK, I went through all my settings from my cheat sheet and all the radio settings seemed to be OK. Then I opened the program and started checking the program settings. I think I might have changed one or two but the last time I tried to use the digital program, one of the setting pages was gray and wouldn't let me make changes. Today when I opened the settings, it was OK. Anyway, I checked the Receive and Transmit and it worked. Then I turned everything off and I don't dare touch it until Tuesday's ERIN Digital Net.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 03:54:29 PM »
 :thumbsUp: Looking forward to seeing you tonight PKv.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 05:53:51 PM »
COMPUTERS allow us to make MORE mistakes, in LESS TIME than would be humanly possible.  hahah

I really like what computer modes can do, but I am a Luddite at heart, so, given a choice I tap it out in Morse code. 

de Sir John Honeybucket
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 05:55:57 PM by Sir John Honeybucket »
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 07:43:55 PM »
Hmmm.... I had the 7300 all set up and it was supposed to be working perfectly for tonight's net. Hmmmm..... I had to change one of the settings to something else that wasn't supposed to work and then it started working. I have no idea why MFSK32 was garbled. I turned on the ALC to make sure it stayed below 9 and it was fine. At least the Contestia 4/250 was working properly.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 10:23:57 PM »
You were great on digital with the exception of MFSK32 what we use to pass TFC. You will figure it out  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.