Author Topic: Connecticut: Police to Confiscate Unregistered Black Ugly Rifles  (Read 989 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Connecticut: Police to Confiscate Unregistered Black Ugly Rifles
« on: February 27, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
The forums are ablaze with what people will do if the Connecticut State Police start to confiscate military type weapons and "large capacity" magazines. So I figure it was time to bring it up here for general discussion.

To bring you President Obama voters up to speed for this discussion here is a short blurb from what I am seeing.

According to a recently published report, the report states The State of Connecticut is now demanding that gun owners across the state turn in all newly-banned, unregistered firearms and magazines or face felony arrest. The State Police Special Licensing & Firearms Unit began mailing out notices to gun owners who attempted to register their firearms and accessories with the state but did not do so in time for the Jan. 1 deadline of Connecticut’s newly enacted gun control law. The law bans the sale of magazines holding over 10 rounds and “assault rifles” manufactured after 1994 and requires that residents who possessed either before the ban to register them with the state. “We are returning your application for [an] assault rifle certificate and/or [a] large capacity magazine declaration because it was not received or postmarked prior to January 1, 2014 as required by law,” the notice states. The letter breaks down the gun owner’s “options,” including surrendering their firearms and magazines to the police, selling them to a gun dealer, removing them from the state or rendering them inoperable. Because these owners attempted to register their guns and accessories, the state can now prosecute them at will because they know exactly who they are. But when it comes to the vast majority of gun owners who did not even attempt to register their arms, Connecticut lacks clout...

The majority of posts on other forums I am reading, revolve around the romantic notion of fighting the Police's confiscation not unlike the American Patriots who fought the British Troops on their raid on Lexington & Concord. Here is my prediction:

Police will not go house to house and try to confiscate peoples black ugly rifle (s) or magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. After a bunch of huffing and puffing by the states DA, they will do nothing!

What "they" will do is when a citizen of CT. comes in contact with police, e.g. shooting matches, traffic stops, etc. and they have the afore mentioned unregistered restricted item, the citizen will be arrested and charged with a felony as is outlined in the law.

Once this happens, the arrest will be fought in the courts as Unconstitutional. One day you are a legal owner of a firearm or mag and then the next day you are a felon. It will be fought in the courts under the Grandfather Clause. I suspect the argument will go all of the way to the Supreme Court of the United States.

If for some insane reason Connecticut does start visiting gun shops within the state with search warrants to search gun shops business records (Not Form 4473's, this is Federal Property) for copies of receipts for the sale of said items; then potentially all hell could break out. With that said, I feel that firearm owners will do nothing.

They are just to happy in their nice warm house to complain. They will open a can of beer and then go back to their TV - They will not fight! The men who fought at Lexington & Concord are not American men anymore. That kind of spirit has been bred out of the American man.

Now with all that written please keep in mind that I have not been right on one prediction that I have posted on this forum as yet. :facepalm: I could be all wet!

What is your prediction or thoughts concerning this issue?

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
Re: Connecticut: Police to Confiscate Unregistered Black Ugly Rifles
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »
Quote from: JohnyMac
What is your prediction or thoughts concerning this issue?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:47:43 PM by rah45 »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 03:02:33 PM »
Their here. One lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
Not sure when it will happen, but sooner or later they will try to confiscate someones property and the owner will speak with the contents of his property.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:52:06 PM »
I hope nothing violent happens. We are still not ready enough to ignite a revolution.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »
Come on Grudgie - Isn't 50,000 rounds of ammo enough?  ;) Just joking as I know you sold it all at the top of the ammo market. Oh yeah...That's what happened.  :dancingBanana:

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 04:33:38 AM »
Yeah. Ha ha. Joking. Good one.

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 07:36:21 AM »
I hope nothing violent happens. We are still not ready enough to ignite a revolution.

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 08:17:01 AM »
Grudgie  :thumbsUp:

Currahee - Amen!

Alex1992

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 10:53:48 PM »
Hope and pray to God that doesn't happen Grudgie