Author Topic: Buying a G26  (Read 745 times)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Buying a G26
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:22:57 AM »
I'm thinking tomorrow I might go hunt down a G26, 3rd gen of course... and buy it.. ill also hold an MP shield and maybe a beretta nano but I can't stand safetys or funky ginormous chamber indicaters. Dont see a point for either one. If either pistol got rid of that crap they might be a hit in my book.

So im just sittin on my ass  today waiting for tuesday to go buy a gun...
Simplicity Is Ideal...

hjmoosejaw

Re: Buying a G26
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:56:56 AM »
I've heard nothing but GOOD things about the M&P Shield.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »
I've heard nothing but GOOD things about the M&P Shield.

I have bad news for you then HJ

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_791654_-1_757978_757978_image

IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT and INSPECTION PROCEDURE - August 22, 2013

ALL M&P Shield? firearms manufactured before August 19, 2013.

Smith & Wesson has identified a condition where the trigger bar pin could damage the lower trigger in certain M&P Shields in a way that may affect the functionality of the drop safety feature of the firearm, potentially allowing the pistol to discharge if it is dropped.

Any unintended discharge of a firearm has the potential to cause injury, and we ask that you STOP USING YOUR PISTOL IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN INSPECTED AND, IF THE CONDITION IS FOUND, REPAIRED.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »
Hmmm.... I don't ever recall hearing about GLOCK having such a problem with THEIR trigger safety.  Just sayin'.   :hiding:

In my honest opinion,  it doesn't get any better than a G26 for a concealed EDC.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:50:46 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:29:35 PM »
IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT and INSPECTION PROCEDURE - August 22, 2013

ALL M&P Shield? firearms manufactured before August 19, 2013.

Smith & Wesson has identified a condition where the trigger bar pin could damage the lower trigger in certain M&P Shields in a way that may affect the functionality of the drop safety feature of the firearm, potentially allowing the pistol to discharge if it is dropped.

Any unintended discharge of a firearm has the potential to cause injury, and we ask that you STOP USING YOUR PISTOL IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN INSPECTED AND, IF THE CONDITION IS FOUND, REPAIRED.

Good to know. I don't have one, but still, good to know.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »
Doing more research it was the shield and G26 for me.. the deal breaker on the shield was a longer grip length then the G26 and in CA they have this funky ass big red thing that comes up to indicate a loaded chamber.. then there's the whole safety catastrophe. Glock just knows wtf a guy needs. Short grip for concealability and forget the rest.
Simplicity Is Ideal...