Author Topic: Alert from Banking Insider! Get your money in order!  (Read 182 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Alert from Banking Insider! Get your money in order!
« on: September 30, 2023, 05:04:34 PM »
From Travis, digital currency coming to you by the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p22b9jwjExQ

He also did a YT video two weeks ago that he heard from some FBI friends that the top floor is telling agents to prepare with 90-days worth of food/supplies starting in October.

:popcorn:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
Re: Alert from Banking Insider! Get your money in order!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 09:53:17 PM »
3 months (90 days) of _everything_ has been my benchmark for several years now.   Seems anemic against current news but life happens while making other plans...  Because caloric/nutritional needs are now substantially bolstered by seed-to-seed gardening, I _might_ have wherewithal to weather chaos for a year.   Losing weight, oh yeah.  Trapped by the seasons, with no more "out-of-season" goodies on the shelves anymore (at a price I can afford).   Eating a rather monotonous diet.   Animals all included.
This "cashing in" on some of my small gold holdings comes at an intersection of thought.
One: any form of currency can be "called in".    When FDR and his cronies made mandatory exchange of gold for fiat paper, they helped themselves to a premium, those that had to turn in their gold (or face becoming outlaws) took a wee bit of a bath the way I read it.
Two:  Inflation is running up faster that the price of gold is.  Of course I don't believe that trend line will last... However.  The generous quote I got from a dealer in town here reflects his bet that gold will go higher, perhaps much higher...
which leads me to the tipping point...
Three:  Windows of opportunity to secure critical hardware will be closing ever faster as both availability and surveillance gather speed careening down their separate paths.   Can you get it?   Can you get it without your Overlord _KNOWING_ you got it?
TEOTWAWKI has been front and center in prepper thinking for some time now.   The stuff of legends and nightmares always put off, dodged, worked around.
But forever is a slippery thing.
So are bets in Vegas or Jersey.
Considering the odds, the costs, the probabilities, the possible  ramifications... I'd say the FBI telling their people to have 3 months on hand for them and theirs?   A conservative and optimistic target.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 09:59:28 PM »
New term = Collapse Season (Mid August - Mid November)
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 12:26:08 PM »
Maybe some corroboration?   By someone thinking related effects on a similar analysis.  Although not to the severity some anticipate.

Nemo

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/finance-experts-advice-americans-buy-homes-bloody-sunday
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 12:29:58 PM »
By the way, due to a new bill passed in NY State, a state NICS check on all ammo purchases is required. It was reported last week that there are only two clerks in Albany assigned to doing NICS checks for ammo. The local Dicks reported that there is a 2-3 hour wait to buy ammo.

I heard from my NY FFL friend that the NY NICS is approving long gun and pistol purchases but when the NICS check go's in for ammo, they are denied or placed on "hold for further investigation".

I stopped into a local gun & tackle store in my state of PA. to buy some .308 and the shelves are about 50% empty and in popular calibers 100% empty. No .308 in 168 grain or higher bullet weight.

My point is, when a neighboring state goes radical on anti-gun legislation, it affects states around that state also.

Food for thought.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 06:16:39 PM »
Hmmm... it would go against the wisdom of being "diversified"... but perhaps the balance of gold coinage should be converted partly to silver dollars and the rest into bricks of .22 or the like...  but then I also need a spendy grain mill too with buckets of hard wheat and the solar to carry normal low loads isn't even engineered out yet - but I'm guessing that's not going to be cheap...
The wife filing at this juncture really hurts preparing for what she and her kin are studiously insisting can't, won't, will never happen...
"You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille... with four hungry children, and a crop in the field.
You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille."

Yes.
Well, the cukes (Ball's recipe for Dills) are all on the down slope in canner, cooling soon and a batch of "Ploughman's Pickles" going in the jar to take their place.   Some beets w/ greens and "zucchini butter" also in the lineup - it could get late here.
Had an old Chinese fortune cookie proverb that said, "As a cure for worry, work is better than whiskey".
Wracked with uncertainty and indecision, I've once again, decided to cover all bets and applied both.