Author Topic: A farewell  (Read 376 times)

gadget99

A farewell
« on: January 09, 2021, 10:10:14 AM »
This is to be my last post.

Please accept my well wishes to all here in the future.

It has increasingly become clear that the views, purpose and tone of this community have changed in relation to the current climate. I do not believe I can positively contribute to the community in light of this. I am respectfully going to leave now. The group here does not need to see the open hostility the my posts have caused drawn.

Farewell to all.

JM. If you would please inactivate my account for me I would appreciate it. There is now mechanism available for me to do so myself.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: A farewell
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 10:11:31 AM »
Sorry to see you go.

Deactivated.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 06:27:11 PM »
Gadget

I hope you at least come back to read this.  I am very sorry to see you go. Your input has been appreciated and I found your posts to be valuable and informative. I am truly sad to see you go. 

It saddens me to see someone particularly with the experiences and dedication to our country feel that even here on UP we are unable to have a civil exchange of ideas.  Very little in our world in black and white and it appears we are losing the ability to have a nuanced conversation about very serious and complicated issues.  some of you know me personally and have we have discussed the current affairs of our country, elections, officials, etc.  I have not written much because of the difficulty in expressing what i feel are the complete feelings I have.  I do have strong feeling about the current state and future of our country.  I have friends that feel differently and honestly that is what should make our country great!  Jefferson and Adams had seriously conflicting opinions while founding this great experiment.  Their respect for one another allowed them to create what we are all so lucky to have as our country. 

Gadget, we have never met, but you will be missed.

Chris

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 11:24:56 PM »
I have to echo Chris' comments.  I haven't been active on here very long but I found your take on things very valid. It, and you will be missed. 

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 08:40:20 AM »
One thought--  reconsider, you are appreciated and educational around here.

One wish--  May life and beyond go well.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.