Author Topic: 10-12 with Gun/Ammo Sellers.  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
10-12 with Gun/Ammo Sellers.
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:40:14 PM »
So, went to Websters flea market today.
Was pretty fun, found some good solid rope and an ammo can.

Also made contact with ( 10-12 ) with a few gun & ammo sellers.

Mini 14- $1,300
M1 Carbine 30 round mags- $60
Pmags- $75.00
Ruger 10/22 with one ramline magazine- $375.00
Yugo SKS- $550
Tula SKS- $750
This isn't all on one table. This is all over the place.

I guess someone forgot to tell them that the ban fell through and they can stop screwing people.....Oh wait. No I didn't.

Hahahaaha Man, I laid into those douche bags. Like 10 of um.
The best one was the guy that had a 100 round value pack of  .40 Smith $75.00 bucks
100 round value pack of 9mm $55.00

(Talking to my father about the ammo with the dealer across the table to sell it )
Me- Strollz up. Hey man, don't bother with this table. Guys a douche. lol, mini 14 $1300 chuckle chuckle.
Father- Yeah, but he's got ammo.

Me- Yeah at a stupid price I bet.

Dealer- Not that that bad,

Me- 55 dollars for a value pack?

Dealer- It's hard to find.

Me- Only because Douche bags like your self get to walmart when it hits the shelf. Buy it up then jack the price up $30.00. You guys are the reason we are in such a shitty situation. We should be on the same side instead you as well as every other dick in this line of tables is fucking everyone and keeping this shit storm going.

Father- Hey man, lets go.

Dealer- ( Shock & awe deer in headlights look )

Me-You know, every person I know that comes to webster I promise you will not even look at your shitty table.
Have a goodin.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Re: 10-12 with Gun/Ammo Sellers.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:42:22 PM »
rofl!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:21:52 PM »
I don't get it.  So you are angry that you cannot afford the mark up?  I have bad news for you, most small business retail mark-up is 50-100% or more depending upon the product, just to keep the doors open.  So do you tell the army surplus store to shove it when they pay $15 per pair of BDU pants and sell them for $30-40?  If the only supply a small business can get is from Walmart, then they have to mark it up to exceed their fixed costs plus have a profit margin.  If a reseller's supply is limited (ammo & gun supply limited), then they must either make enough profit on the product they have in stock (raising the price) or go out of business.  When the supply is flowing in, and sales are good, the price can come down because they can make their profit in volume.  Supply and demand, it cuts both ways.

http://www.wisebread.com/cheat-sheet-retail-markup-on-common-items

Stores I don't have a problem with bro, the stores I frequent have decent prices doable prices. Shit if I wanted that mini 14 for $1300 I could have gotten it right then. The point is, these private vendors ( non-retail ) buy out the businesses that have it at decent prices keep the stocks empty and jack the prices up to retarded ends.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 12:31:35 AM »
So should I be angry about the 100% markup at the store, or mad at Magpul for selling direct at wholesale prices to Colorado residents who are hogging up the supply?  I guess neither because I prefer GI mags.

How about if the store didn't have anything because these douches bought out their 100% mark up? Then added 50% markup to that and it's all you could find because of it? Cause that's the issue.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 12:42:57 AM »
I get what Reaver is saying.  It's these assholes who go to a local retailer and buy out all the Pmags for $30 bucks then sell them on ebay or similar for $90-$100 a pop.  They are perpetuating the inflated prices whilst trying to make a buck on peoples fear.  Is it moral?  That is something that you have to decide for yourself.  I don't agree with it but they are allowed to do it.

Now I get what Walker is saying too.  To expect that someone who has a folding table set up at a flea market is spending thousands of dollars buying out local shops of goods is an unlikely proposition.  More likely they spending what they have to do such along side every other dick looking for a quick extra profit or also every Joe trying to put back in case of a ban or other rainy day. 

Supply and demand affect base prices, but that doesn't mean people can't feed off the fear.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 02:14:19 AM »
They don't even have to buy up thousands of dollars. My local Walmart is three boxes max.
All it takes is one friend on the inside to call in when a delivery is made then be there as they unpack spend 60 bucks for three boxes then charge 60 a piece under the guys of " it being difficult to find " mother fucker. If you didn't go in there and pick the, up just to fuck someone then it wouldn't be hard to find.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 03:11:56 AM »
First off I think we all have stories of knowing a guy that has a buddy on the inside, except most the time the buddy sells them a whole box, not just the three boxes.  And not every employee everywhere follows the limit rule, ask me how I know lol.  Even if they do, it would not be hard for flea market man to get 6 of his friends and family down to the walmart to buy 3 boxes a piece for him too.  Then all of a sudden he doesn't just have 3 boxes but 21.

But yea, I know where you are coming from.  The biggest point to all this is that if the DHS and the FEDS didn't buy all that ammo and weren't pushing all this BS UNCONSTITUTIONAL garbage posing as bills through, then there would not be a market for guys like that. 

So vent, we are hear to listen and share our concerns as well.  But meanwhile, let's be productive and proactive.  Support the local retailers who are not price "gouging", increase your own supplies (everything incl. food, meds, etc.) and get prepared because we all see what is happening.  The first domino is about to fall and we... we won't be too far from it.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
Interesting thread.

I can understand your anger RvR; however it's better to do what OONW wrote, "Support the local retailers who are not price "gouging",..."

It's the old "supply & demand" story and you can vote with your dollars. In the Dakota's with the oil boom workers are being charged $3,000- a month for a bed - Not an apartment...A BED. Wallyworld is staring folks at $17- an hour. Supply & demand.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:03:36 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 01:30:03 PM »
And just wait, once the banks open in Cyprus and the shock has dissipated from the absolute thievery, it will spark off, then other countries in Europe will follow with our indebted *** not far behind...  Think prices are bad now, just wait till "it will take a wheelbarrow of cash to purchase a loaf of bread" - (I dont remember but its not mine lol)
Han shot first!

Offline WhiteWolfReloaded

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 01:38:17 PM »
Blame DHS? Just saying despite what people are saying companies who would usually be shelling out, no pun intended, millions of rounds are now having their employees clock in just to fulfill government purchase orders. Combine that with increased health care cost, materials, shipping, resource availability, etc. and the reality is the assholes buying the ammo up at Walmart are the small picture. And truthfully, it's the American way, greed.

People have to learn to be more resourceful nowadays. So I'm sure there are some guys doing this who are doing so to put food on their table. Am I going to knock them for that? Hell no. I've got mouths to feed too and they aren't doing anything illegal. And I've been told by employees at Walmart their taking cash under the table and calling these guys up when ammo comes in. Report them? What for? Trying to make ends meet? We're all suffering, but being angry about doesn't do shit other than add fuel to the fire.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »
I see the same 10 motherfuckers come in and buy our ammo every morning at opening, the smaller the box limit gets, the more friends they bring. I know 2 of them are pawn shop owners, the others openly talk about selling it online.

Motherfuckers.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »
I see the same 10 motherfuckers come in and buy our ammo every morning at opening, the smaller the box limit gets, the more friends they bring. I know 2 of them are pawn shop owners, the others openly talk about selling it online.

Motherfuckers.
Like I've beaten the drum about before, the gougers didn't get my business anymore after 2008, and neither will they after this. My hope is that these people get stuck with thousands of rounds and will have to sell it for a fraction of what they paid. At least locally, the amount of people out at the range is way down because no one has any ammo beyond their emergency stashes.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »
I put nearly all of the blame on the wallmarts and the major retailers who AREN'T raising their prices. They are the ones causing the shortage. A shortage occurs when demand excedes supply. As long as Wallmart keeps the prices low demand will be sky high.

I was selling a woman some ammo at Wallmart the other day.
 I said, 'The ammo shortage is silly. All they have to do is raise the prices.'
She says, 'You don't understand son, people will still buy it even if they raise the prices.'
 I say, 'Would you buy it if it was $200 a box?'
*crickets..

There is nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit. I would sell my own shit on Ebay if people were willing to buy it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:18:01 PM by Grudgie »

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 01:26:14 AM »
And yet... who can compare financially with a government that has no spending limit.  WE THE PEOPLE need ammo because of DHS.  But hey, when the time comes and we need the ammo, we know right where it will be...
Han shot first!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »
Went to Dicks sporting goods today with my father who is angry with them, but will still purchase from them on certain almost unobtainable  things.

Me, I don't support them at all. Fuck those guys.

So.  Here's  Another conversation with a manager who just happened to be at the counter.

Manager- Hey sirs is there anything i can help you with?
Me- yes sir, when's the last time you seen an AR15?
Manager- ummm. Probably December
Me- a day after the shooting right?
Manager- yeah, that sounds about right.
Me- that's why you can't help me find anything, cause I won't do business here......ever.
I'm just here with him.   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Manager- ughhhh..... I understand sir.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:34:15 PM by Reaver »

1000meterstare

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »
On the bright side I just scored 3 boxes of 2 1/2 inch .410 for my rabbit/squirrel/bird gun for 38 bucks total.  Not too bad...