Author Topic: Two Sidearms.  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Two Sidearms.
« on: June 26, 2012, 07:49:54 AM »
Not claiming to be a badass or trying to be a mall ninja or anything. Just want your guys opinions on this matter.

Two sidearms. This means your primary a secondary and another secondary. Be it a " Holdout gun " or another full size secondary. For what ever reason.

opinions?

I'm thinking about posting up my raging judge somewhere on my kit. Not for any other reason than .....take a guess.

Snakes.

Yep, huge fear of mine and I am not afraid to admit it. My knife isn't long enough and I'm not going to piss of a rattler by missing with my 9mm not to mention how loud the snap of a super sonic bullet is. A birdshot 410 isn't that loud after about 100 meters. Especially through the woods.
I don't want to die in the woods or back at camp after three days of rattler or water moccasin poison. That shit would suck. That is my reasoning. What would yours be? If any.

RvR
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Colombo

Re: Two Sidearms.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:23:58 AM »
Suppressed Ruger mk2.

snake is a very appropriate term also.

cornkiller1

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »
break off a 5 foot stick and beat it to death... done that a few times.... Jump on it.. landing your feet on its head and grind its head into the ground..

done both multiple times.. worked for me.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:46:31 PM »
i love the idea of a second handgun

i'd use a pocket gun on me somewhere, reason being you get my hip gun off me i still got something to pop your ass with

i think the raging bull is too damn big though, imo its only worth having if you got a full size and a hideaway gun
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:10:59 PM »
if your only reason for the second gun is for snakes then I think it's kind of silly. but I also agree with mtn.

so really I just think that it's kind of useless for anything other than a backup gun to shoot people with, not snakes. it's too damn easy to beat a snake, or cut it up, etc. no sense in wasting ammo on it. honestly, if you run into one, just walk the fuck away from it and come back with a blunt object if there's not one readily available at the scene. and if you're trekking through the woods, you should really have more than a knife anyway. (unless of course it's an emergency situation and you have no choice)
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »
My brothers EDC is a 44 Special wheel gun. It holds 5 rounds and his first two rounds when up at the BOL is bird shot. He has used it on snakes up to 3 yards away with affect.

One night he caught a skunk going through a bag of trash. He tried to shush away the skunk to clean up the mess when the skunk started to hiss at him. He drew is 44 special shot the skunk with bird shot and it dropped with one shot.

The next morning I was up bright and early for a walk and saw the garbage mess and skunk. I thought to myself, "I hope that what ever killed the skunk it wasn't something we ate too."

Later my brother told me the story and we had a good laugh. First because I didn't hear him fire his pistol but also that I cleaned up his mess.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »
I think having a BUG is a must.  When my grandfather fought in WWII, he said he used his pistols more than he did his rifles, and he carried his rifle, two pistols, a 1911 and a .32 German Mauser that he took of a dead German (looks like a PP7) and he just did Tac Req and had all the ammo he could ever want for the .32.  Then as an absolute fall back, he would use his knife.

He said the fighting was so close, he killed more Germans with the .32 and his knife, than he did his rifle and 1911.  Now that's real!

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »
yall are no fun, why would you bash a snake when you can shoot it?

i use my handgun on snakes and it works just fine, no fancy snake shot for me, i want my first rounds to kill shit not pepper snakes
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:27:45 PM »
yall are no fun, why would you bash a snake when you can shoot it?

i use my handgun on snakes and it works just fine, no fancy snake shot for me, i want my first rounds to kill shit not pepper snakes

exactly. tree branch, machete, etc. no guns needed. snakes don't shoot back.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:07:20 PM »
I, being a Georgia native, agree with Reaver about needing a dedicated snake pistol in certain parts of the country.  Those bastards always tend to make their appearance when you're knee deep in swamp mud and there is no fast or easy way to back up or go around.  For those of you that don't know, water moccasins are known for quickly going into attack mode...a lot more aggressive than a rattlesnake.

Even though I've successfully popped snakes with a 9mm on several occasions, I like the idea of the "hushpuppy" (silenced .22  Ruger mk2) or any other .22 with a can, maybe the lighter weight Walther.  Those .410 pistols are just too much weight for what you get, IMHO.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:29:31 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline tominphx

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 03:16:18 AM »
If you carry a backup, you better train with it, including dropping your primary pistol before you go for the secondary. And yes I mean DROP it, it you can't drop your pistol without worrying about scratching it, get a different pistol to carry.
It's better to have it and not need it ...

cornkiller1

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 05:22:07 PM »
or a pistol lanyard.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 10:47:32 AM »
I keep seeing people referring to silenced MKII Rugers...

All I am going to say is that a lot of 'problems' can be solved very efficiently with a quite pistol. I would look into getting one for dealing with 'snakes.'

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 12:54:11 PM »
I keep seeing people referring to silenced MKII Rugers...

All I am going to say is that a lot of 'problems' can be solved very efficiently with a quite pistol. I would look into getting one for dealing with 'snakes.'
Agent 47 dealing with a snake: (click topic to see pic)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:56:56 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
I never looked at this thread because I thought you had a cowboy hardon. But your reason seams legit. A small 22 revolver with  some of those shot shell rounds should be fine.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »
....A small 22 revolver with  some of those shot shell rounds should be fine.

Yeah, that way you can give away your position AND piss off the snake at the same time. [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »
Yeah, that way you can give away your position AND piss off the snake at the same time.

Then get a suppressed mkii Mr hitman.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:26:41 PM by Kobalt »
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »

Yeah, that way you can give away your position AND piss off the snake at the same time.

Then get a suppressed mkii Mr hitman.

MODERATOR'S NOTE:  The preceding cluster-f**k is what happens when you don't remove the emoticon(s) when quoting.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:32:34 PM by special-k »