Author Topic: The Multicam family expanded  (Read 1363 times)

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
The Multicam family expanded
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:51:57 PM »
http://multicampattern.com

Wecome Black, Arid, Tropic, and Alpine. Thoughts? Arid looks pretty good to my old eyes for some AO's. Black, while cool, seems more mall ninja-flavor. Alpine, in addition to regular multicam would suit my area okay.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:40:12 AM by crudos »

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
Re: The Multicam family expanded
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »
Mall-ninja is right! I can't see any other reason for a law enforcement organization to transfer from current uniforms (which I assume might be black?) to black multicam, unless they just need new uniforms anyway. LOL There isn't much difference, is there?

The basic multicam would probably be all I would need. Georgia is usually pretty green or brown. Not much "lush, green vegetation" in most places I've been, and never any snow.

S-k, you sure you don't want to come back? You'd only need one type of camo pattern!  ;D

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:39:30 AM »
The description of Multicam Black made me chuckle....
The MultiCam Black™ pattern was developed to meet the unique requirements of law enforcement officers operating in high-risk environments. It projects a distinctly authoritative presence appropriate for domestic operations. MultiCam Black™ is designed to complement an officer’s existing equipment and present a sharp, professional image for top-tier law enforcement units.
So it's not so much about concealment, but rather projecting fear? That's how I read it.  :facepalm:

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »
Sad when the original manufacturer of high-end, high-cost, cool guy camo has to create new patterns to compete.

People need to spend money on learning tactics, training and expendables over all this crap.

Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »
The description of Multicam Black made me chuckle....
The MultiCam Black™ pattern was developed to meet the unique requirements of law enforcement officers operating in high-risk environments. It projects a distinctly authoritative presence appropriate for domestic operations. MultiCam Black™ is designed to complement an officer’s existing equipment and present a sharp, professional image for top-tier law enforcement units.
So it's not so much about concealment, but rather projecting fear? That's how I read it.  :facepalm:

It's known that the only value of black uniforms is the fear factor, due the bad ass image they project, because as camouflage is one of the worst colors.

I like the original multicam, I think these new variations are just a response to ATACS and Kryptec offerings.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »
I think the Alpine version could be a worthwhile addition.