Author Topic: solar re-chargers  (Read 1587 times)

goodnightChesty1775

solar re-chargers
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »
so i want to buy a kindle so i can buy books for like $1 and i can bring that into the field instead of a bunch of books.

so since they dont sell kindles that run on batteries..who would want that?! im in need of a solar re-charger for the times when were not in wired buildings...always.

so if ya got any hands on advice or a product your eyeing let me know.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: solar re-chargers
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:19:12 PM »
What kind of battery is in a kindle? Volts? Watts? You may want to roll your own...

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:58:46 AM »
What kind of battery is in a kindle? Volts? Watts? You may want to roll your own...

shiieet i got no clue..roll my own?

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 04:32:30 AM »
I've seen some pretty highspeed panels.
But what the guys & I have used is one of those portable battery bank & chargers. brain farting on what its called but it comes with a mounted flashlight, USB capable x3, and 110 capable plugins as well.

thin is pretty fucking sweet.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 07:57:29 AM »
Yeah...What are the Watts & Amps?

Once you remember RvR please share with the group...Sounds interesting.

Chesty, why don't you call Kindle and see what they think. I often call manufactures about their products. Most times they send me along to the in house tech. The tech loves to talk about their product (s) and will talk ad-nauseam about them and what you can do, if you do X.

As TG was starting to say...You might be able to roll your own and charge or draw from a set of batteries through the power plug on the side.

Interesting challenge...
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »
 good ideas guys.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »
Reaver, I too forget what they are called so I typed in "battery booster jump box with inverter."

What they are is a sealed cell that you can use like wall power or go for the usb charger because you will be in the same phase so no power lost to heat in the inverter.

JMac, that is the tree I was barking up. Depending on the amount of power needed to charge the battery in the Kindle you may be able to avoid buying a product that was made to meet someone else's needs. Hell you want to charge a kindle.. that sounds pretty easy.

Chesty, it is too easy. I will walk you though it. Find out about the battery.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 01:06:24 PM »
I heard some great reviews about this product, but I personally do not own one so I cannot yet attest to it.  Would love to have a portable power option for stuff like my hand helds.

http://www.amazon.com/Instapark-Portable-Charger-Compatible-Devices/dp/B006ZRYU9O/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2H2FT0PKWXSQE&coliid=I37DXL7I5SW7Z8
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:43:36 PM by Outonowhere »
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »
Reaver, I too forget what they are called so I typed in "battery booster jump box with inverter."

What they are is a sealed cell that you can use like wall power or go for the usb charger because you will be in the same phase so no power lost to heat in the inverter.

JMac, that is the tree I was barking up. Depending on the amount of power needed to charge the battery in the Kindle you may be able to avoid buying a product that was made to meet someone else's needs. Hell you want to charge a kindle.. that sounds pretty easy.

Chesty, it is too easy. I will walk you though it. Find out about the battery.

That's pretty much it.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
Outonowhere, that unit looks awesome.. but it might end up being 3 times as much power as he needs, 3 times the amount of crap to ruck around with.

Not saying, just saying.  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 07:36:16 PM »
I figure if you have a kindle, an MP3 player, a USB plug in battery charger...  Think outside the tablet  :P
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »
Cool piece of machinery but what is the size/weight? It may be too much for maneuvers in the bush. But then again, what are you doing reading a Kindle out on maneuvers.

Here's another thought: There is an apparatus that you you take 2 or more regular AA batteries transfer the juice from the batteries to the devise. My bro has one and the next time we will have to chat.

He charges his rechargeable batteries and then uses them to recharge the 'devise.'

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
Cool piece of machinery but what is the size/weight? It may be too much for maneuvers in the bush. But then again, what are you doing reading a Kindle out on maneuvers.

Here's another thought: There is an apparatus that you you take 2 or more regular AA batteries transfer the juice from the batteries to the devise. My bro has one and the next time we will have to chat.

He charges his rechargeable batteries and then uses them to recharge the 'devise.'

well when you go to the field your not always on a mission....and this is for like month long JRTC and NTC rotations where you have a sheiiit load of downtime

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »
Cool Chesty. Don't know what the acronym is for,  "JRTC and NTC rotations."  But rock on!  :))