Author Topic: Range-R Card  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Range-R Card
« on: February 21, 2023, 06:44:29 PM »
The Range-R Card is a passive distance finder made by Black Hills Design.  It is used to determine distances using common objects, like the height of a man, a SUV, or a common field fence.  It's made in the U.S. using a clear poly carbonate material.  The easy to use device doesn't use batteries, or give off any electromagnetic emissions.

It weighs about an ounce and it seems pretty durable.  The distance finder will fit in most pockets, and it does have attachment points for a lanyard.  My only complaint is the distances on the distance finder card are indicated in meters.  However there is a yard to meter conversion table etched into the card.  I forgot to mention that everything on the card is laser etched, so it doesn't rub off.  The card can be used in rain and snow.  This device would be very useful in situations where batteries are in limited supply, since it doesn't use any power source.  Overall, I'm happy with it, as it's a good investment during uncertain times.

:boltAction:

https://www.blackhillsdesigns.net/product/range-r-card/

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
Re: Range-R Card
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 04:34:38 PM »
Jackalope

Thanks, that looks super interesting and for $25 it is worth trying out even if it doesnt end up panning out.  There is nothing like good analog options to range-finders.

Chris

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 09:37:31 PM »
Same here. I ordered one today to try out.

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 04:14:12 PM »
Received mine today.  Biggest issue to me is that the deliniations are not highlighted in any way, which for my old eyes makes using this iffy. Worth $25.00?  Not to me. More like $10.00

Offline Trail Ninja

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 03:42:03 PM »
Useful piece of kit IMO.
 They recently lowered the price it's now $12.50,

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 03:19:34 AM »
Just received the limited edition RHODESIAN version 😎

Only 50 were made
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".