Author Topic: Plenty of pockets  (Read 1406 times)

hjmoosejaw

Plenty of pockets
« on: November 05, 2012, 08:38:08 AM »
I saw this bag and just had to have it! LOL! No, saw it and thought it was pretty cool and could come in handy for a lot of little things that you wouldn't want to keep searching for in a different bag. From spices to extra mags, whatever. Just thought some of you might like to see it. Designed for a front passenger seat, but could be used anywhere.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-wingman-patrol-bag.html

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Re: Plenty of pockets
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 12:19:55 PM »
Would definitely use such a bag as a mag bag. Lots and lots of reloads can come from that. Probably enough to feed a fire team for a few hot minutes.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »
Glorified Tacticool Range Bag.  By the time you get passed all the zippers, buckles, velcro, and flaps to the inside the fights over.  Maybe a good small unit medical bag, but then again there are more bags out there that are simpler and cheaper that do the same thing.  And in my opinion most 5.11 stuff is a bit pricey anyways, not that its not good quality.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:19:48 PM »
Glorified Tacticool Range Bag.  By the time you get passed all the zippers, buckles, velcro, and flaps to the inside the fights over.  Maybe a good small unit medical bag, but then again there are more bags out there that are simpler and cheaper that do the same thing.  And in my opinion most 5.11 stuff is a bit pricey anyways, not that its not good quality.
I have a 5.11 Rush Messenger bag and the quality is superb and tough as nails. It is my only 5.11 gear, but I love that bag.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 11:02:31 PM »
Didn't say it was crap or anything, I own lots of 5.11 gear and will sing the praises of their Slick Stick MOLLE system till someone makes something better.  But why spend almost 100 friggin dollars on a "Patrol" bag to carry all your lil stuff?  Maybe you just need to upgrade your ruck, repack it differently or just get a simple bag to carry stuff around like when you go to the range.  Seriously sit down and consider what you would use the bag for.  If you have a local shop that carries them, go in and check it out.  How fast can you access EVERY compartment.  Could parts get hung up on something or each other causing issues with access?  Do you REALLY need all of that webbing all over it, or would it just get in the way?  Stuff to consider.

BTW, I have owned a UTG messenger bag for almost 2 years now and it goes damn near everywhere, has been through a lot and is still going strong.  And I spent almost half the money on it as I would have for the 5.11 equivalent.  Granted at the time it was meant to be a "manly diaper bag" lol.  But it has honestly held up as well as any of my 5.11 stuff so far.

Keep
It
Simple
Soldier

:))
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 12:33:03 AM »
I thought it was pricey too. I'm not just looking at it as a heat of the battle bag. I'm thinking the best way to bug out with 3 women. I guess that would be a heat of the battle. LOL!

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 01:08:08 AM »
I thought it was pricey too. I'm not just looking at it as a heat of the battle bag. I'm thinking the best way to bug out with 3 women. I guess that would be a heat of the battle. LOL!

LMAO if that is the case you are better off "borrowing" a UHaul!
Han shot first!

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »

LMAO if that is the case you are better off "borrowing" a UHaul!

Got that right!