Author Topic: Music Preferences  (Read 3074 times)

goodnightChesty1775

Music Preferences
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:53:55 AM »
A bunch of Khaki/Beige/tan/olive drab pants with cargo pockets from my days in high school and a crap load of tee shirts Ive collected from all the concerts ive attended.

Also have about 3 sets of BDUs (at least, its been awhile since Ive checked them out) from my cousin who is in the Air Force. She and her husband parted ways and he happened to be leaving the service around that time and left his cammies behind.

what band shirts you got? lol

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Music Preferences
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:30:23 AM »
Alot of different genres. Some thatll make you guys puke to be honest. My family is really into 80's new wave and I would tag along to the concerts they would go too.

The Cars, Iron Maiden, No Doubt, Megadeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Sammy Hagar, Devo, War, The Police, Duran Duran, Dream Theatre, Morrissey, The Cure, Queensryche, Stevie Miller Band, UFO, Exodus, Black Sabbath, Berlin, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Sounds, Long Beach Short Bus (the guys from sublime), Depeche Mode, New Order, Nine Inch Nails, Metal Skool (This is before they were known as STEEL PANTHER), Slipknot, Black Label Society, Marilyn Manson, Shadows Fall, The Killers, Muse, Billy Idol, and thats all I can remember right now.

Oh by the way! I met Tom Morello. That guy is so FULL OF SHIT!!!!! Walks around in a shirt and jeans like he is working man my ass. When cameras arent around he dresses like a fucken GQ advertisement. Wearing designer clothing that is probably made in some sweat shop he profits from condemning.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 03:39:24 AM »
AH! Deathstyles is going to be rocking a No Doubt T and cammies come WROL! It's going to be just like highschool all over again!

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 04:00:08 AM »
AH! Deathstyles is going to be rocking a No Doubt T and cammies come WROL! It's going to be just like highschool all over again!

Shut up hippie!  >:(

Dude Gwen Stefani is hawt. Besides listening to No Doubt helps me cope with the fact that a new sublime album will never come out.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 04:27:33 AM »
thats how i feel about the new Wintersun album.... :'(

but no doubt is still pretty gay lol

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 01:15:51 AM »
Shut the fuck up Chesty, I'd listen to Katy Perry if I though it would help my chances of getting up in some of that!

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 01:18:27 AM »
Shut the fuck up Chesty, I'd listen to Katy Perry if I though it would help my chances of getting up in some of that!

hey hey hey thar i never said anything about katy perry, i fa...i mean listen to katy perry occasionally

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 01:22:08 AM »
Yes.. I too 'train' to Katy Perry...

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 01:24:27 AM »
But more than that DeathStyles and I remember a different NoDoubt than you do and it bindes us to our past when we were much younger and having much more fun.

Ever heard of Ska Chesty? That is what they played before Gwen Stefani (soo hot) lost her shit and killer the part of her that knew what music is.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 01:28:30 AM »
But more than that DeathStyles and I remember a different NoDoubt than you do and it bindes us to our past when we were much younger and having much more fun.

Ever heard of Ska Chesty? That is what they played before Gwen Stefani (soo hot) lost her shit and killer the part of her that knew what music is.

i think its a genre? i heard a local band that was 'ska' i think it sounded like a shitty cross between punk rock and black metal....shit was horrible

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 01:31:02 AM »
nvm i looked it up, idk what that band called themselves thoough

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
Ska is a mix between.... Rock, jazz and eh... traditional African music. It was the foundation for rocksteady and reggae

It was also the shit in the early 90s (third wave ska is the best ska). Which was a better time, a simpler time. You see youngster we didn't have great acts like Tool getting in the way of shit.. hell Deathmetal was Pantera and Slayer back then and we liked it, it wasn't all fucked like these new growling crap.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 02:02:36 AM »
Ska is a mix between.... Rock, jazz and eh... traditional African music. It was the foundation for rocksteady and reggae
Ska = Lounge Punk
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 02:04:29 AM »
A fan of the second wave I see, I should change the name of this forum to Punkrock Preppers.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 02:07:13 AM »
A fan of the second wave I see, I should change the name of this forum to Punkrock Preppers.
I enjoy roots reggae much more than ska or punk.  Take "Sublime" for example...or better yet some "10 foot ganja plant."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:10:28 AM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »
Started with clothing and ended up talking about music genres??? Shouldn't this be two topics/ Just asking.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 10:09:14 AM »
Chesty TG yall are both wrong the best from back in the day was NOFX, guttermouth, offspring before the sucked, afi before they sucked real punk. damn no i gotta go dig out my old cd's.

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 11:38:11 AM »
I don't really wear band shirts anymore. Too many posers pissed me off and got me away from the music scene.
I used to listen to (and still do sometimes) nofx, the casualties, guttermouth, adolescents, the exploited, rage against the machine, strtike anywhere, the unseen, the misfits, and a bunch of others i can't remember right now.

Now i mainly listen to metal, black metal, and weird shit like Marilyn Manson.
sic luceat lux

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 03:01:03 PM »
crazy thing is, i didnt even start this thread...... ???

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »
w.

Now i mainly listen to metal, black metal, and weird shit like Marilyn Manson.

you just grouped marilyn manson with black metal, or metal in general?! teh fucks man?

Varg Vikerns is on his way to kill your ass as we speak....

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »
no it was in a category of its' own.
you k now me better than that. [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m
sic luceat lux

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »

Actually the forum where I know DAVE_M from gets alot of hate from other Prepper forums and gets labeled as a "Hipster Forum". This forum has potential to get people that may not feel comfortable with other forums. I dont go to the other one anymore. It changed and is not the same, seems more formal now.

Ghost

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 05:12:15 PM »

Actually the forum where I know DAVE_M from gets alot of hate from other Prepper forums and gets labeled as a "Hipster Forum". This forum has potential to get people that may not feel comfortable with other forums. I dont go to the other one anymore. It changed and is not the same, seems more formal now.
Twenty bucks and a case of beer says that you're talking about ZS :))

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »
Guttermouth... eh... AFI... what a bunch of pansies.

But yea NoFX was right on. I prefered more hardcore stuff than most.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 05:57:19 PM »

Twenty bucks and a case of beer says that you're talking about ZS :))

Psssh . . . I am n. . . uh . . . (cough) . . . ahem.  Whatever.