Author Topic: Leather...  (Read 1512 times)

1000meterstare

Leather...
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:47:29 PM »
I always firmy believed that every rifle and shotgun gets a sling and every pistol gets a holster.  I am seriously impressed with the Tagua brand belts and holsters.  Bought a matching pair (belt and holster) for my Sig P220.  The leather takes a little while to stretch and break-in but after that it fits like a glove!  Totally satisfied.  Added bonus:  the belt is so rigid and heavy-duty that I don't even feel the weight of a loaded .45 when I open carry.  Share your favorite holsters! [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Re: Leather...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:58:08 PM »
Hell most of my holsters are rag tagged. Never really had a need for them. A M21A will fit in your pocket, everything bigger fits in the small of your back.

Now for anything other than CC a holster works out nice. Especially when your in kit. I run a tanker holster for the 1911, a drop leg for the M9, and an uncle mikes for the big revolver.
Still haven't found a holster big enough to carry the judge though. Still working on. Going to be awesome when I do.

( Don't be fooled guys I do not carry all at once. Different situations call for different rigs )
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:56:12 PM »
I'm all about plastic for the Glock, and all about leather for the 1911. why? i really don't know. either way, they are all OWB holsters except one, and I don't like that one very much.

for the Glock, my first holster was a Safariland (I have no idea what model) and it is a REALLY awesome thumb-release plastic retention holster. I lost it for a while and bought a Blackhawk SerpaII and it is great as well, and then I found the Safariland again so I have both. both come with a belt attachment but I MUCH rather the paddle on both of them. Blackhawk gets a +1 because of the option to change the angle, Safariland feels more solid but you can't change the angle.

as for leather, the only leather holsters I have are for the 1911. the IWB holster is crap simply because it's uncomfortable. don't like it much at all. feels like a brick inside my waistband. I have two leather OWB holsters for the 1911, one only covers the trigger mechanism and lets the front of the slide hang out, and the other covers the whole gun down to the muzzle but I don't like it much because it hangs WAY FAR off my body. it looks "classier" but it's much less practical. Both are Galco. (Galco is GREAT! please don't read me wrong. I just don't much care for these particular two holsters, although they are QUALITY!)

all in all, my experience with plastic holsters is FAR better than my experience with leather.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:58:33 PM by NOLA556 »
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:37:38 PM »
my favorite holster is dsantis leather holster, add a 511 rigger belt and i don't even notice i got a M&P9 and 5 extra mags on there
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:28:35 PM »
You're walking around with 5 mags on you?

Ever thought about aiming?

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
Leather... kinky.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »
For my 1911 I have a IWB horse leather Galco
For my 9MM Hi Power I have a cow leather OWB paddle by Galco
For my Ruger SP 101 spurless I have a IWB cow leather Galco
For my .36 cal C&B I have a cow Leather Lawrence (Out of business)
I do not have holsters for my other handguns as of this writing.

I also have a Safarieland 6004 for my 1911 however the thumb release hood will not clear my rear sight. I purchased it from Opticsplanet. I purchased the one their salesperson recommended; however they will not let me exchange it as I did not let them know within 30 days of purchase that it did not fit. Currently AM Ex has re credited the price of the holster to my account while they argue with OpticsPlanet about letting me exchange it for a holster that will fit.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Yup I have a brand spanken new holster in original packaging waiting for OpticsPlanet and Am Ex to fight out whether I can exchange it or not.  :))
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »

lol i'd like to agree with you but he's prepared for anything. :))

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 02:53:32 PM »

Yup I have a brand spanken new holster in original packaging waiting for OpticsPlanet and Am Ex to fight out whether I can exchange it or not.  :))

yea, aint that nice... probably wasting more money via time wasted than the holster is worth in the first place.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

I hope it all works out.

(this is one of the many reasons I prefer to buy things at the retail level. yea yea of course you pay out the ass for things retail but it takes away alot of the guesswork and you don't have to open up your bank account in cyberspace)
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »

i said 5 extra mags

hey its hard as hell to aim when i'm holding my gat sideways  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Bursting bubbles since 2013