Author Topic: IWB Holster: N82Tactical (nate-squared-tactical) Professional Model  (Read 1180 times)

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
A while back I went shopping for a new IWB holster.  After reading many reviews and watching YT review videos on Crossbreed, CTAC, Kholster, etc., I thought I had made up my mind and was a click away from ordering a Kholster holster (at that time I didn't see any advantage to the more expensive brands)... And then I came across a brand I had never heard of, N82Tactical.  Boy I'm I glad I checked in to their products!

I've been wearing my N82Tactical "Professional" model for about a month now and honestly I don't think it gets any better than this as far as comfort, draw, and re-holstering from an IWB holster.

Neoprene is sandwiched between the oil-tanned leather and the suede leather. The neoprene provides the padding to protect you from the various edges of the firearm (slide, rear sight, hammer, beavertail, etc.) even when sitting in a vehicle, but also protects your investment. Neoprene (what wetsuits are made of) is waterproof, creating a moisture barrier that will not allow sweat or skin acids to come in contact with your handgun.

They use polycarbonate, instead of kydex, for the hard-shell part of the holster.
Using polycarbonate also allowed us to develop a positive retention IWB holster with our Twist Release SystemTM. 

To release, a right-handed person would just give the handgun a slight clock-wise twist... opposite for lefties.

They also use a single steel clip instead of double clips, or plastic clips.

They make their "Professional" model to fit most popular handguns in right handed, but their left-handed models are for Glocks and 1911's only (at this time).

I don't think the asking price of $69.95 (comparable to other) is too much for this 100% made in the U.S.A. product.

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=3167

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:52:18 AM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: IWB Holster: N82Tactical (nate-squared-tactical) Professional Model
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:20:36 PM »
Interesting Special-K. What I like is the piece of whatever that extends up on the back of the holster. With this holster I would not have to wear a t-shirt between me and the weapon.  This would open up a bunch of other shirts I could wear.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

An applaud for you!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:12:21 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
Re: IWB Holster: N82Tactical (nate-squared-tactical) Professional Model
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »
I'll add this too... I've been wearing mine on bare skin (inside my undershorts) !!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:50:09 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride