Author Topic: IFAK  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
IFAK
« on: February 02, 2023, 07:30:56 PM »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Todd

• Prepper Apprentice
Re: IFAK
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 01:27:31 AM »
I have purchased these Rhino Rescue components before, but wasn't impressed by the quality nor the country of origin. I relegated them to training use.

As a general rule, I tend to avoid Chicom counterfeit TQs and we have standardised on CAT Gen 6 or Gen 7 tourniquets for inclusion in the various kits.

Will any of the Rhino Rescue stuff work? Probably, but I wouldn't rely upon any of it other than the emergency space blanket and maybe the gauze.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 10:52:39 AM »
To Todd's point...

I am of Scottish heritage; Consequently, do to my genes, I am naturally frugal. Concerning medical items, I go with the best I can afford at the time of ordering.  :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 12:06:53 PM »
For me, there are three things I don't skimp on: medical supplies, firearms, and comms.  Think about it, you're in dire need of a tourniquet, you go to apply it on a limb, and the tension lever snaps because it's a cheap piece of Chinese plastic. Oups...not good.  The same applies to a radio, you go to key up a microphone to call in a QRF because you're under attack, and nothing happens.  Oups...not good.  If your life depends upon something, make sure you have the best tool available, not necessarily the most expensive tool, but the most effective one.

Offline Trail Ninja

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 03:44:56 PM »
I've been making my own kits, but I'll only use quality gear. Although I like the contents of the kit, there's no mention of brand or country of origin (mentioned).

Price & compare your kit with Fieldcraft Survival or North American Rescue for example.

Bleed Control kit
The BCK is the perfect addition to your everyday carry. Designed to be used with a SOF Tourniquet. Vacuum packed.

Included in the BCK:
? 1X Tramedic Trauma Bandage
? 1X QuikClot EMS Rolled Gauze
? 1X Combat Medic Reinforcement Tape
? 1X Compressed Gauze
? 1 PR Nitrile Gloves

Mobility Trauma Kit
The MTK is designed for addressing trauma in a medical emergency. This kit was designed with TACMED Solutions and Fieldcraft Survival, filling the gap in trauma med specific to Every Day Mobility, Off-Roading, and Overlanding. Vacuum packed.

The MTK includes the following.
? 1x SOF Tourniquet
? 1x 6" Olaes Modular Bandage
? 1x Combat Gauze
? 2x Compressed Gauze
? 1x Tactical Burn Dressing (4" x 4")
? 1x Hyfin Vent Chest Seal (2pk)
? 1x Cotton Triangular Bandage (Cravat)
? 2x Aluminum Eye Shield w/protective cover
? 1x Nasopharyngeal Airway 28FR + Lube
? 1x Trauma Shears (5.5")
? 1x Sharpie Marker
? 1x Emergency Blanket
? 2 PR Nitrile Gloves

https://fieldcraftsurvival.com/medical-gear
https://www.narescue.com/

A couple good books written by qualified preppers are the Survival Medicine Handbook and the Ultimate Survival Medicine Guide.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 04:22:50 PM by Trail Ninja »