Author Topic: HALIX Innovations  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
HALIX Innovations
« on: September 05, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: HALIX Innovations
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »
I dislike it,

First problem, that company has more t-shirts than product.

Second, the face... really the face? Dear God not in the face... But really I have a very serious issue with the idea that this 'stock' rides your chin. You've been in a fist fight before? Have you learned to tuck your chin when shit gets real?

Me too!

So let's say you've got the drop on some fools, your rifle is tucked into your chin, good cover and you are slaying bodies.. you're good to go.

Then shit gets retarded, you start to tuck your chin, your shots start to go high because you are pushing down on the butt of the rifle. You're relocating to the otherside of the piece of cover because the red team dialed that shit in when you started engaging the space lizards. On the X you realize that you can't actually 'face'  your weapon because that stupid chin stock got caught up in your kit while you were transitioning from face to face.

Now Red Team is banging your girl and eating your Cope like it's going out of style.. all because you bought the latest greatest cool guy gadget.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »
But....but.....you get "free shipping and poster with every pre-order."  O0
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »
There is a special place in hell for retards who use this and the bumpfire stock.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
There is a special place in hell for retards who use this and the bumpfire stock.

Wow wow wow, easy there killer. The bumbfire stock could actually be useful.

But, I am going to have to agree with the rest of you fine gentlemen when it comes for the chin thing.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »
Yeah...it's called "the dentist's chair."
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
I'm bummed it doesn't come with an optional beer cup holder.

Alex1992

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 10:24:11 AM »
WOW thats the only coming in my mind and retarted   ::)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »
Clear a house, catch the muzzle on the door frame while snapping into a room...

Or this. "man my chins sore ive been firing heavy loads all day."
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 11:16:03 PM »
most retarded shit i've ever seen. they should have passed these out at the DNC.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 02:18:29 AM »
LOL good one NOLA.

Rvr, I agree that the bump fire stocks have applications, just gotta be used properly.

As to this wondrous high tech piece of tacticool garbage... F*** THAT S***!  There is a reason that the stock is designed to pass the recoil into one of the stronger meatier parts of your body.  Its bad enough when you get your nose to the bloody charging handle and it pops you good, but to add all that stress to your jaw?  You will be praying to doctor Kevorkian later in life if you make it that far.  Stock up on straws and pain killers lol

Flush that S*** and move on.

PS.  "designed for light recoiling cartridges up to 6.8 SPC"...   [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

"...I've got a crazy idea"  NO F***ING SHIT!

"There's no recoil..." Then why the hell was every one of them jerking around while firing?

How come ALL of the "test subjects" and testimonials are all friends or people who know him?  Why not convince some actual SHOOTERS to try it out?  And why the shady editing with having still images over video's audio, and why very little footage of firing it and ESPECIALLY the accuracy with it?  I will admit the egg thing was pretty interesting, but I still don't see it being anything more than a tacticool F-tard convo piece.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:35:44 AM by Outonowhere »
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 12:58:49 PM »
Clear a house, catch the muzzle on the door frame while snapping into a room...

Yeah.. no joke man. Busting jaws and slaying bodies.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 02:07:58 PM »
lol TG

Plus if you didnt have a flinching problem before you shot this thing you will afterwards. Bad enough shooting a gun and having an explosion go off near your face. Now were adding the fucking recoil from that explosion and litterally hitting you in the face wih it. Lets see some long range shots with this fucking thing...
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 03:43:44 PM »
It's a solution to a problem that we didn't know we even had.  :))

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 04:19:24 PM »
if people like this then right on. but me i dont understand why they would come up with this...."fixing" a problem thats not there. having a stock would make you a hell of alot more accurate, and not to mention i wouldnt want to banging away with the rifle the pocket of my chin? just makes no sense to me.

but if i had an ar pistol, i might think about something like this...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:23:46 PM by goodnightChesty1775 »

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 06:05:08 PM »
All this is, is a way around a tax stamp.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 12:15:37 AM »
if people like this then right on. but me i dont understand why they would come up with this...."fixing" a problem thats not there. having a stock would make you a hell of alot more accurate, and not to mention i wouldnt want to banging away with the rifle the pocket of my chin? just makes no sense to me.

ok so here's what I'm not understanding.

so.. you have an AR pistol... WHY THE FUCK would you want to absorb the recoil with your face when you could just plant the buffer tube into your shoulder just the same as if you had a stock? of course it's not comfy, but for fuck sake, I'm not using my face... just pretend the damn buffer is a stock.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 12:37:24 AM »

so.. you have an AR pistol... WHY THE FUCK would you want to absorb the recoil with your face when you could just plant the buffer tube into your shoulder just the same as if you had a stock? of course it's not comfy, but for fuck sake, I'm not using my face... just pretend the damn buffer is a stock.

Like Rvr said, dude is just trying to get around the bloody UNCONSTITUTIONAL tax stamp requirement imposed by the BATF.  How about, instead of coming up with some ridiculous concoction that would get you laughed out of any three gun match and battlefield try your other options.  Either roll over and pay Cesar for a SBR or... well Im sure you know the other option  ;)

BTW, only combat multiplier I see out of this is the enemy would either be stunned stupid at the sight of your "FULL RETARD" pistol or so busy laughing his ass off that he couldn't shoot back.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 01:12:24 AM »

ive tried that with some ar pistols, and it was waaay to short for me, me face was over the receiver.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:16:46 AM by special-k »

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 02:23:00 AM »

ive tried that with some ar pistols, and it was waaay to short for me, me face was over the receiver.

On ar pistols you can put any buffer you want so long as you DO NOT PUT A STOCK IT. Getting a rifle length buffer without a stock would seem to be a good way to get around the tax.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
I suppose the whole "getting around the tax stamp" thing is understandable, just so long as everyone knows that that's all the product is for, and no one actually thinks it's a good idea to use your face as a recoil pad.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
good point kobalt!! id have it set up as a pistol with a stock kit, in case things ever became free.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 05:18:29 PM »
good point kobalt!! id have it set up as a pistol with a stock kit, in case things ever became free.
... or the need arises... lol
Han shot first!

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »
face guard hing is $249
tax stamp is $200

hmmmm there seems to be a problem here
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Colombo

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 08:35:14 PM »
I agree, no doubt it's an end run around the sbr classification. I do see some comments here that can get you in trouble and would like to point out that you do not want a compatible stock in your possession or even on your property before there's no chance of a raid as the prosecutor will use a little angle called "constructive intent" which gets you the same penalty as actually owning the forbidden fruit itself.

Keep aware and out of trouble (I like you all (but not in a gay way)and want you to stay free) as they will be looking for examples in the run up to loosing control and power.

The following combinations should never be able to be tied to you under current law unless you want the hand wringing talking heads on the media taking about you by name with that so serious and somber voice with terrorist, machine gun, militia, or arsenal in big bold letters right behind them.

1. Full auto fire control parts and a compatible host weapon. (juries are gullible and believe experts, even the revenuers "experts")
2. Tubing, baffles, and an attachment device for a firearm. (see above comment)
3. A short barrel and a host weapon even if the barrel is a spare that has never been on the weapon. Don't worry about the prosecutor as they never get charged even when they assemble such an nfa weapon for the first time in front of witnesses, a judge, and have I mentioned some idiots in a box that can't stand you because their missing dancing with the stars?