Author Topic: Gerber MP600 MultiTool- Customer Service  (Read 2202 times)

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Gerber MP600 MultiTool- Customer Service
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:45:06 PM »
Hey All,

Without knowing it I've been torture testing a *used* Gerber MP600

I picked this tool up several years ago at a local gun show. This gun show was a trip, a lot of vendors were up from El Paso and as you could imagine there was mountains of gear with names sharpie'd on it.. This tool was Perez's once and mine for thirty cents on the dollar.

Sucks to be Perez.

Last night while showing someone how to make a pot stand for a Penny Stove I was cutting up a random coat hanger and I crunched the replaceable cutting edge.. The thing went  :dancingGrenade:  around the kitchen.

So I looked on Gerber's Webpage and saw this,

Sometimes, replacement parts may be able to help you get your product back up and running in a timely manner. However, we can no longer send out replacement blades, files, or scissors for self repair. If you feel the part you need (clips, screws, etc.) would be available, please fill out the form below and we will contact you to confirm your needs or when we send out the product.

Starting to think that smacked of something 5.11 would say I get dejected.

Flash to 900PST Monday and I'm on the phone with James who is not only sending me *FREE* replacement parts but also picking up the shipping!

In the light of all the bad service we've received over the years I thought it would be nice to post up a success story.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
Re: Gerber MP600 MultiTool- Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »
That's really good to hear! Thanks for posting, TG.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:27:43 AM »
Think Gerber has really stepped up their game the last couple of years in their product lines. Thanks for the report TG.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 09:13:11 AM »
Sorry for the lack of an update, a week ago I got my replacement cutters in the mail as promised.

Its nice to know some folks still know how to do business in this country.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:15:17 AM »
I received one of those as a replacement for another Gerber I had that was 10 years old and one of the jaws on the pliers broke off.  Sent that to Gerber and about a week later received the replacement in the mail.  That happened about 5 or so years back.

That replacement is an EDC for me and regularly worked doing things well beyond the design potential.  It has never failed and as long as I stay reasonable with what it has to do, I suspect it will last another 5 easy.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.