Author Topic: Condor Cyclone Plate Carrier  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Condor Cyclone Plate Carrier
« on: May 28, 2014, 02:16:22 PM »
Well after several days of plate carrier research I happened upon this one: http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=28_171&products_id=13329 yes its an airsoft site. They have the best price and pictures though. This Condor plate carrier appears to be their top of the line carrier. It costs the most at least. It seems to be kind of hiding in the corners of the internet for whatever reason. It is basically trying to mimic the higher end Banshee rigs: http://www.ar500armor.com/banshee-plate-carrier-multicam-proline.html#.U4YnltNlDFo

So I ordered one and am excited to get it(enough to pay 3 day shipping) it should arrive in a day or two. I will be putting my AR500 Rifle plates in it. Its "Made in America" so thats cool I guess.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:19:26 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Condor Cyclone Plate Carrier
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »
Side question... Is it funny to wear RIFLE armor with a SHOTGUN rig? I was thinking about it the other day. Im basically prepared to fight rifles with a shotgun lol. In an Urban environment I feel pretty good though. Plus im not going to go out alone in the middle of a "war zone" without rifle support. I think ole Reaver said it too. "Every squad needs a shotgunner".
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 05:44:20 PM »
I have the condor operator carrier I have had it for a few years had steel in it for a little while. Steel was too heavy for my set up, but I'm not a big guy. The carrier has held up good with the exception of one stitch on the molle in an unimportant place. I can't remember exactly where it was but it was in a spot I wouldnt use anyway. It's comfortable actually more comfortable with the plates in but that's because of the way I have my mags set up. I think you will be happy with it.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:38:45 PM »
Looks good and the price is right. My Eagle Plate Carrier Molle + Cummerbund cost around $175-.

With that said, I have been running a battle belt with suspenders as my primary rig. My plate carrier only has a 3 mag pouch everything else is carried on my battle belt. I probably need to post a picture and list of what I am carrying on it for the forum some time.   
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 08:57:35 PM »
Feel free to turn this into a post up your kit mini thread guys.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 12:20:29 AM »
This plate carrier is garbage. There is no real adjustment for different size plates so if your plate is a 10X12 then it will be fine width wise but it will sag about 1.5" height wise and you cant get the plates properly adjusted to your sternal notch. The pouches are also made for the fat ceramic plates so it has some flop depth wise. Im about 44" at my belly, 40" at my waist. This carrier sits above my belly and the cumberbun is adjusted out so far that it shows elastic on one side and the three straps on the other in the rear. Then as my upper body gets wider as it goes to my arm pits, this makes the cumberbun want to bunch up in the back without side plates.

I feel like im trying to wear a 10 year olds T shirt with this thing.
Simplicity Is Ideal...