Author Topic: Belt Pouch Complete Concealment  (Read 907 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Belt Pouch Complete Concealment
« on: July 16, 2021, 04:19:34 PM »
Looking for one and I have been for a while. Ordered a half dozen from Amazon for size, material and sewing inspection, all have been returned. Several have been ok on the last 2 but not the first.
Most were way too big or too small for an R-51 or a 3.5" 1911. The non-giant ones seemed sized to a .380.

Note-- I got the small size on this one.

I finally found one that is good with all 3 specs. Its just a half a hair snug on the 1911 but near perfect size wise on the R-51. Its also a good size to wear and does not look like a saddlebag or make me walk in a big circle. Quality and sewing along with internal support straps look good.

It has a second zip compartment which fits my phone and has room for some pocket stuff if wanted and will fit a second spare mag. Also a non-zip outside slot. Testing and carry over the next couple weeks will tell more.

Nemo

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VMNVFM7/

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Belt Pouch Complete Concealment
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 04:23:26 PM »
On serious consideration and regular use over the past couple months.  I like it.  It does the job and holds up well.  The zipper on the smaller part (phone and flashlight, multi-tool. or whatever) is at the front when closed.

The larger pouch unzips either way.  I decided as the tool opens front to back, the weapon will  ALWAYS open back to front.   So its more difficult to get the wrong one.  Before I made the decision I opened the wrong one most of the way.  With my phone and multi-tool in the other it flopped down quick nearly exposing the R-51.

The straps to hold the handgun and spare mag in place are OK at best.  I anticipate careful removal and putting in some sticky back velcro and something like the one below.

I recommend it.. At $15-$16 well worth a try.  Generally returnable also.

Nemo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DZTKJI
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 08:01:31 PM »
I carry in a fanny pack that is made with a built in holster. Its not the best way to carry because it slows you down on accessing it quickly. I went that route because there just isn't a good way to conceal in hot weather. I rarely wear it as a fanny pack. I usually just sling it over my left shoulder. I decided that it is better to have it in a fanny pack than under the front seat of my car when I'm out of the car. Going the Fanny pack way has caused me to be more SITAWARE just in case I might need to access it. On two or three occasions, I have partially unzipped the holster section because things looked a little NOT NORMAL.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 08:57:13 PM »
Thank you Nemo. Thank you PKv.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.