Author Topic: ATI strikeforce furniture review (AK)  (Read 1342 times)

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
ATI strikeforce furniture review (AK)
« on: November 21, 2012, 04:28:59 PM »
I recently installed one of these stock sets on a customer's WASR-10/63 and I was very surprised by the quality of the thing.
It was a very solid, tight-fitting stock set that looks pretty sharp.

The handguards were a total bitch to fit, about an hour with the dremel and file. But it turned out good.
The buttstock fit in very easily.
The pistol grip had deep finger grooves and was very comfortable.

My only complaint was that the adjustable cheek piece made it very difficult to see the iron sights. So i left it off.

I really like how the set came with the option of installing railed or flush-fit pieces on the handguards (which was convenient because the sling mount on the handguard retainer was obstructed by the rail).

So long story short, a great stock set for the money.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Re: ATI strikeforce furniture review (AK)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »
Thanks for the review.  And a fix for the junk AK sights would be a set of Tech sights!  I love those things, were zero out to 100 on my AK right out of the box.

... Ok, now I am having AK withdraws...  ;D
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
Re: ATI strikeforce furniture review (AK)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
Thanks for the review.  And a fix for the junk AK sights would be a set of Tech sights!  I love those things, were zero out to 100 on my AK right out of the box.

... Ok, now I am having AK withdraws...  ;D

My personal rifle has mojo deluxe peep sights, a great (and less costly) alternative to tech sights, they don't alter the field strip either.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Tech sights are awesome btw.