Author Topic: Anotomically Correct Targets  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Anotomically Correct Targets
« on: February 08, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »
Was thinking about getting some of these to assist in training.

Anyone have any first hand experience? They seem like a good idea to me.

http://members.tripod.com/~Merlin_30/T7.html
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Anotomically Correct Targets
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:10 PM »
RvR, I have no experience with these targets. With that said, if they are no extra money then standard human targets...Rock on. If they are i will stick with the old targets.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 11:16:46 PM »
RvR, I have no experience with these targets. With that said, if they are no extra money then standard human targets...Rock on. If they are i will stick with the old targets.

Well, from my research you can get pretty basic simple ones with out lines of vitals, for 23 cents a pop.
If I go to the LGS ( Local gun store ) they are asking 20-25 cents a pop on very basic ones.
I think I'll be placing an order for about 100 sometime soon. Might as well pay the extra 3 cents a piece in bulk since the LGS wants to fuck everyone. I know they get those damn things for around a 3 cents a piece & that's BS to mark it up that high.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 11:20:33 PM »
RvR,  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 11:35:41 PM »
Love the idea I want some, I may order some then take them to the print shop and have a bunch made.

UnBroken

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »
That would make a great training tool [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 12:31:33 AM »
1 - HEART
2 - BRAIN
3 - LUNGS
4 - AORTA
5 - PELVIS
6 - LIVER
7 - FEMUR
8 - BRAIN STEM
9 - KNEE [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »
i handed a date my ar15 last week her rounds went like this

dickshot dickshot dickshot dickshot dickshot
dickshot dickshot dickshot dickshot head
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline tominphx

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 04:17:10 AM »
These are probably the best paper targets on the market IMHO.   http://vikingtactics.com/targets_paper.html

I make my own ones from cardboard sheets I get from work, I have a design I really like, more or less based off the Vickers target, http://www.need4gear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/100_3293-2.jpg but they are a full torso, not just a paper overlay, and I add a pevlic box, mostly for the triple threat drill. I'll post a pic next time I make more. Not anatomically correct, but they help with marksmanship, as the VTAC ones are very busy.
It's better to have it and not need it ...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 08:58:19 AM »
you cant see vitals on a normal bad guy... maybe placing this target BEHIND a normal target to see where you ended up hitting would be better.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 09:07:49 AM »
Anatomically?

Yeah, that's a pretty cool idea.  I think its a good idea to know where you're hitting.

I took an anatomy class in high school and college, so I already know where to aim.

For the head, full on, try and hit the triangle between the eyes and the mouth.  If from behind or the side, try and hit behind the ear or at the base of the neck.  If in the chest, of course try and hit heart and lung, and of course, if they have good armor on, you can always take out their hips, and they'll drop like a rock if you break that.

I also study anatomy diagrams of animals as well, so I know where to hit them to take them down effectively, also, make sure they die cleanly. 

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 10:22:59 AM »
you cant see vitals on a normal bad guy... maybe placing this target BEHIND a normal target to see where you ended up hitting would be better.

Well... if you actually READ the site it says that the lines are only visible within about 5 feet so as not to detract from distance shooting.  ;)
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 01:34:20 PM »

I also study anatomy diagrams of animals as well, so I know where to hit them to take them down effectively, also, make sure they die cleanly.

yeah when one is charging just aim center mass and shoot till its down  [img]http://www.smileydesign.n
same with people......

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 02:22:12 PM »

yeah when one is charging just aim center mass and shoot till its down  [img]http://www.smileydesign.n
same with people......

I've never had an animal charge at me, usually when I take one down with the 700 its one shot, and then they either fall to the ground or run away after being hit.  Shooting with the A-bolt doesn't really allow for quick follow up shots.  It might behoove you to know where you're hitting.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 03:54:12 PM »
i handed a date my ar15 last week her rounds went like this

dickshot dickshot dickshot dickshot head

Shooting Guys In The Dick - South Park

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »
LOL fucking ridiculous, I love South Park.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 09:42:25 PM »

Well... if you actually READ the site it says that the lines are only visible within about 5 feet so as not to detract from distance shooting.  ;)

believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see... i guarantee you i can see the vitals at 6ft on that target so we already know they are liers... so no telling the true distance they are visible at... i would say 7 yards isnt out of the question. and then of course even if they werent lying then the targets are useless for hip firing right out of the holster to simulate a threat becoming so at 3 ft.  ;) ;) now tell me what else you read.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:45:30 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »

same with people......

your talking hunting....
i'm talking an attack
I've never had an animal charge at me, usually when I take one down with the 700 its one shot, and then they either fall to the ground or run away after being hit.  Shooting with the A-bolt doesn't really allow for quick follow up shots.  It might behoove you to know where you're hitting.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »
believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see... i guarantee you i can see the vitals at 6ft on that target so we already know they are liers... so no telling the true distance they are visible at... i would say 7 yards isn't out of the question. and then of course even if they weren't lying then the targets are useless for hip firing right out of the holster to simulate a threat becoming so at 3 ft.  ;) ;) now tell me what else you read. 

Well, I read that we are about to go to war with Iran.

Ron Paul is the best candidate for everything short of being god.

and poisoning food stocks that you own because " it might hurt the children of the guys that killed you " is bad.

There is some other stuff I read... but I don't think its right, I mean why do I need a 14 gauge needle so release the built up air pressure within someones lungs due to a sucking chest wound?

(MSSI ) 

Offline tominphx

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 04:53:21 AM »

You aren't supposed to be looking at the target anyway.  ;)
It's better to have it and not need it ...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »

You aren't supposed to be looking at the target anyway.  ;)

assuming were talking iron sights.. i bet i can see the vitals on that thing pretty damn good with 10 X at 500 yards and in that case you would want to focus on the target.
Simplicity Is Ideal...