Author Topic: 12 Gauge S&B  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
12 Gauge S&B
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:33:53 AM »
Alright. So, I have some gear review stuff for you guys.

12 Gauge Sellior & Bellot 3" Magnum. DO NOT PURCHASE IT. If you have it. Test it and burn it up or decide on keeping it. Reasons.

1. It is 1/16th inch. Larger than American 3" Magnum. Reason. IDFK!  ( Do your own research on that one. )
What this means is. You will struggle to get it into the ejection port ( compared to standard Win. 3" mag ) and if you top off your magazine you will struggle to get that last round 6th. in my case (Rem870 WMM ) into the tube. If you do, you might run into binding. If binding of the magazine occurs in a firefight and your round doesn't feed what happens to you?

2. The powder is garbage. Really seemed like I was shooting FFF BP out there.
3.  Kicks like a mule.  I'm not much of a baby, and pain tolerance is pretty high. I shoot 3" magnum as much as I can and this stuff hurt. After ten rounds. I started to pass it off to others to shoot because I did not want anything more to do with it. I have a video of my buddy shooting it for reference.

Please excuse the Minor malfunction at the beginning, he trains with a Mossberg 500 so. As you know there is major differences with pretty much everything.

The Second round was Birdshot 7 1/2 that he did not know was there. ( The shooter is not Reaver its a buddy )  :))
Reaver's boom stick
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
Re: 12 Gauge S&B
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »
Yeah, that's just too damn much kick!

BTW... What's the deal with the "Umbrella Corporation" like logo (the original is red & white instead of red & black) on his chest? 
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 12:49:58 PM »
No need for 3" in a fighting shotgun. If you didnt get it done with 9 pellets 12 probably wont help.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:00:31 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »
I prefer 3" because if you train harder than you need to. You perform well when it counts and with a lesser load your speed increases. This is why I dont buy into the whole. " train with steel and birdshot " I think thats F-n BS if you train to a standard that is obviously lower than what your going to expect in real time. You are simply setting yourself up for failure.

Imo
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 11:08:30 PM »
I prefer 3" because if you train harder than you need to. You perform well when it counts and with a lesser load your speed increases. This is why I dont buy into the whole. " train with steel and birdshot " I think thats F-n BS if you train to a standard that is obviously lower than what your going to expect in real time. You are simply setting yourself up for failure.

Imo

But if a lesser load makes you worse when its go time on normal power ammo, then wouldnt over powered ammo make you worse when its normal power ammo too? if your not in your rythem it dosent really matter if its more recoil or less. Your speed will decrease because your not familar with the recoil. Youll over compensate on recoil and end up dipping the muzzle more then needed. If anything id say using 2.75" 00 Buck would make a lot more sense if thats what your going to run in the gun rather then use a more expensive heavier recoil load.

On that note i generally use 2.75'' birdshot, which the difference in recoil is negligable compared to 2.75'' 00 Buck. I use bird shot to practice my weapons manipulation and not so much my accuracy. Running a shotgun is mostly weapons manipulation in my opinion. Aslong as i have a target to aim the weapon at its doing its job. But some times i break out the 00 Buck to make sure im still getting pellets on the bad guy.

Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »
I have to disagree. Because sight  picture is sight picture if your 3" magnum throws off your sight picture and you recover and engage again extremely well. Then a 2 3/4 load with less recoil will throw off your recoil even less meaning faster follow ups.

It works for me.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 10:37:42 AM »
Hey if it works it works. For me i dont have the coin or shoulder to be shooting an average of 200 rounds of 3" 00 buck shot every week.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Alex1992

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 11:05:14 AM »
I've had problems with S&B 2 3/4 00 Buck, the shell length is about almost the size of a 3 inch and the shell would expand making it a son of a bitch to eject. However I like shooting the stuff because of the power and I can buy 10 at a Sportsman Warehouse for $8.00. To each his own I suppose.