General Category > D.I.Y.

Stippling, heard of it? Now you have

(1/6) > >>

Gunner:
I'm not sure you guys are like all the other hip people with instagrams and what not but there are a lot of gun lovers on there posting pictures of their work and one thing I have came across and really intrigued me was this new thing called stippling. You take a soldering iron and literally just poke the thing you are working on over and over. You can control the roughness by how deep you go. Its quite time consuming, makes your eyes go cross eyed and if you have shaky hands like me its kinda aggravating but the extra grip you obtain is insane. I hope there's not a thread on this already, if there is I'm sorry haha.

This is the iron I bought for like $20 at radio shack

I started on my 870 and loved the way it felt so I have my work cut out for me

special-k:
Yeah, I've never had the nerve to take a soldering iron to my Glock.  Maybe one of theses days...

crudos:
If the gods wanted stippling on a Glock, then Gaston would've done so.  ;)

I can see doing it on easily replaceable parts, but no way I would start poking holes in a polymer-frame handgun with a soldering iron. But that's just me. Have seen some pictures of handgun stippling in Recoil magazine, that looked horrible.

JohnyMac:
This reminds me of the wood working kit I got when I was 10 for Christmas. The difference seems to be the medium - Wood vs. polymer.

Like you wrote, I bet the grip is awesome!

Thanks for posting Gunner!  :thumbsUp:

Outonowhere:
Not sure if the photos are still available on another thread here or not but I did have the balls to stipple mine and hells yes!  I started out stippling a couple of similarly polymer knives to get the technique down and walla!  Trick is to only go so far, just lightly indent, the "gripping" power comes not from the "holes" put in it but from the tiny ridges created when you make the indent.  And if your ridges turn out to be a lil more sharp than you like, hit it with super fine sandpaper.  So far I have stippled 1 Glock (my own), and about 5 edged weapons (not all mine).  Also I use a $10-20 wood burning kit from Lowe's lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version