General Category > D.I.Y.

Stippling, heard of it? Now you have

<< < (2/6) > >>

Well-Prepared Witch:
lol! When I saw the word stippling I flashed back to my high school drama classes and the stage make-up technique.  :D 

I thought you could buy different grips for guns.  Wouldn't be easier and safer to just get a textured grip?

Gunner:

--- Quote from: Outonowhere on February 05, 2014, 10:09:29 AM ---Not sure if the photos are still available on another thread here or not but I did have the balls to stipple mine and hells yes!  I started out stippling a couple of similarly polymer knives to get the technique down and walla!  Trick is to only go so far, just lightly indent, the "gripping" power comes not from the "holes" put in it but from the tiny ridges created when you make the indent.  And if your ridges turn out to be a lil more sharp than you like, hit it with super fine sandpaper.  So far I have stippled 1 Glock (my own), and about 5 edged weapons (not all mine).  Also I use a $10-20 wood burning kit from Lowe's lol

--- End quote ---
I want to buy a glock for this exact reason haha. Some people have their own designs that look amazing but unfortunately I don't have the hands for that. I want to do my Sig grips but that means I have to drag out my duracoat again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Outonowhere:

--- Quote from: Well-Prepared Witch on February 05, 2014, 10:10:39 AM ---lol! When I saw the word stippling I flashed back to my high school drama classes and the stage make-up technique.  :D 

I thought you could buy different grips for guns.  Wouldn't be easier and safer to just get a textured grip?

--- End quote ---

They have "rough" texture grip take for pistols but it is nothing more than tacticool skateboard grip tape.  By using these and things like the Hogue grips you are adding more to the grip as well, making it bigger and possibly more uncomfortable.

I have used this guys work as an inspiration to also mod the grip for better (more comfortable) finger rests and easier mag release manipulation. www.weaponworx.com

http://www.weaponworx.com/#!untitled/zoom/c1v0g/image11ew

Kentactic:
It has been a bit tempting to stipple a glock but I know ill hate it after a while, wish I just listened to james yeager and had left it stock.... lol

Chris Costa says to soak your hands in dish soap with a bit of water and then try to shoot your gun. That's what it would be like to have your hands covered in blood.

Maybe the next time someone puts a deer down they can pop off some rounds to try it out...

Gunner:

--- Quote from: Kentactic on February 07, 2014, 11:19:58 AM ---It has been a bit tempting to stipple a glock but I know ill hate it after a while, wish I just listened to james yeager and had left it stock.... lol

Chris Costa says to soak your hands in dish soap with a bit of water and then try to shoot your gun. That's what it would be like to have your hands covered in blood.

Maybe the next time someone puts a deer down they can pop off some rounds to try it out...

--- End quote ---

Are you saying the stippling would help in a situation like that? I believe it would, I'm worried about a muddy terrain and the mud filling up the holes making it slick but then again a standard frame would do the same. I like the texture and I like new and it feels new to me so for now I am a fan. Down the road I might think I was stupid but by then I hope I will have new toys.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version