Author Topic: Free ak mod  (Read 1831 times)

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
Free ak mod
« on: February 23, 2012, 04:29:47 PM »
Some of yall may have seen this but some havent. I do it on my ak from time to time, so I made a video.

Ak 47 charging handle mod. reloading tip

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
Re: Free ak mod
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 04:59:54 PM »
Cool, does it break away fairly easy if it gets caught on something as well, say during a transition?  How much force does it take to get that brass off?

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »
I love prepper creativity!  It never ceases to amaze me!  Good tip WT.   :)

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 05:49:02 PM »
Another great and free AK mod is cutting a notch in the charging handle as a bolt hold open.

Personally I don't know how it would change the ergonomics of the rifle but it sure is nice to be able to lock it open for the range's safety nazi.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »
EJR that thing is on there pretty good it will work it way off after about 500 rounds.

TG That is a good tip thank god I dont have to worry about holding the bolt open anywhere here!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »
Another great and free AK mod is cutting a notch in the charging handle as a bolt hold open.

Personally I don't know how it would change the ergonomics of the rifle but it sure is nice to be able to lock it open for the range's safety nazi.

All AK's I have ever seen have a bolt hold open it just doesn't lock on the last round.

Draw back the charging handle to the trigger guard and squeeze the trigger. Its not very effective but it works for range douches.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 08:34:04 AM »
I have the hold open in my safety, was really easy to do and all I used was my MT! lol

I don't like that charging handle addition cause it would just get caught on shit and get in my way.  Personal belief is that if you're having trouble with charging the rifle with it as is, probably a training issue  ;D
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!