Author Topic: Ever need tools?  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
Ever need tools?
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:19:05 AM »
This place has em.

Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Ghost

Re: Ever need tools?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 11:35:14 AM »
Good god. I could spend hours there just looking at the stuff.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »
that guy deserves a medal or something. [url=http://www.freesmileys.or
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Veritas

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:01:03 PM »
Good find.  That was pretty cool.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but my Kalashnikov will hurt you.

"Don't wish ill for your enemy, plan it."

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 03:18:32 PM »
I love those suspenders he's wearing!  I agree with NOLA, this guy ought to be given some kind of a medal are something. 

He brings out good points about building a sustainable economy.  Which seems to me would be a local economy.  When watching this you come to realize how important it is for young people to learn how to do something or learn a trade.  If nothing else just to be able to fall back on it.  It's sad, but I know a few guys who don't even know how to change a tire, replace a wall plug, or anything.  They always call outside help to have things done.

If any of you guys fall into that category I'm not putting you down.  Some fathers just don't teach their kids how to do things.  I'm just thinking it would be a good idea to put a little effort into learning how to do at least the simple things.  It's amazing how simple it is to do most things when you find out how.  And you save money to boot.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »
I love those suspenders he's wearing!  I agree with NOLA, this guy ought to be given some kind of a medal are something. 

He brings out good points about building a sustainable economy.  Which seems to me would be a local economy.  When watching this you come to realize how important it is for young people to learn how to do something or learn a trade.  If nothing else just to be able to fall back on it.  It's sad, but I know a few guys who don't even know how to change a tire, replace a wall plug, or anything.  They always call outside help to have things done.

If any of you guys fall into that category I'm not putting you down.  Some fathers just don't teach their kids how to do things.  I'm just thinking it would be a good idea to put a little effort into learning how to do at least the simple things.  It's amazing how simple it is to do most things when you find out how.  And you save money to boot.

my dad didn't teach me shit lol. motherfucker used to rebuild entire engines from scratch and I had to teach myself how to change a damn tire...  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 03:49:29 PM »
my dad didn't teach me shit lol. motherfucker used to rebuild entire engines from scratch and I had to teach myself how to change a damn tire...  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Yeah, I was in the same boat.  Dad didn't teach me anything except how to duck and weave when he was hitting the bottle.  I don't know how to do everything by any means.  But I learned a lot from DIY books back when I was younger.  Now days you can find out how to do just about anything on line which is really great.

The internet has sure changed things.  From finding info, to dating, to finding people with like interests like you guys.

Thank you Al Gore.   LOL!

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »
i been picking up crap and rebuilding it for resale since i can remember

partly for fun but mostly because i had to bring in $$ to help feed and clothe our family
in winters i would buy snow blowers, in summer lawn mowers rebuild em and resale em and year round i'd buy 4x4 vehicles

looking back on this all i got to say is

what a hard fuckin childhood  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »
i been picking up crap and rebuilding it for resale since i can remember

partly for fun but mostly because i had to bring in $$ to help feed and clothe our family
in winters i would buy snow blowers, in summer lawn mowers rebuild em and resale em and year round i'd buy 4x4 vehicles

looking back on this all i got to say is

what a hard fuckin childhood  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Skills buddy.  They're going to be worth their weight in gold.  (or beans)  I'd say your chances of survival are pretty good.   :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:00:26 PM by sledge »

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 05:54:19 PM »

Skills buddy.  They're going to be worth their weight in gold.  (or beans)  I'd say your chances of survival are pretty good.   :)

I'm not saying I know how to do all kinds of shit, but I know enough to get by. most of it is just common sense anyway.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 06:20:45 PM »

Dude I'm in that boat third generation. My dad didn't teach me that stuff cause my granddad didn't teach him anything.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 07:58:04 PM »
I agree that it is important to know how to do things.

If you are interested in wood working you should check out the http://www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop/ his books are great and the show is even better.

Liberty Tools has great tools for great prices, we would do well to send some business his way, I have.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 09:50:24 PM »
Im glad im fortunate enough to learn a little bit about building from my dad, sorry for u guys that didnt.

Offline Mlee

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 05:07:16 AM »
........What I wouldn't do for a lathe and a milling machine!!!!!!!! Drill press and a bastard file is too slow!!
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 12:23:28 PM »
Mlee,

Look up David J. Gingery

Offline Mlee

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 04:35:06 AM »
Mlee,

Look up David J. Gingery

Thanks a lot for the tip. I looked him and I like the idea of building my own tools. I don't have any foundry equipment yet though... 
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »
I don't have any foundry equipment yet though...

Mlee,

Look up David J. Gingery