Author Topic: Paracord Grenade  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Paracord Grenade
« on: December 25, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »
I am going to weave up a couple of these.  I have the cord and weave and plan on wrapping up a prescription bottle as container.  I figure a container is a good thing inside to have something to keep the stuff in if I ever need to unwrap that thing.

The bottle is about 1.5 inches in diameter and a short 3 inches tall. 

What should I pack that thing with. I have looked around for contents and generally find the same stuff.  Most of them say fishing kit is necessary.  I am not sure of that.  If I go 25 miles from home, and most of the time across town  I have a GHB in the truck anyway.  The grenade would be to clip on a belt loop if I were going to Atlanta and someone else (not in the know) was driving.  I was thinking:

A single edge razor blade or 2.
Some pieces of straw packed with vaseline cotton.
A couple salt packs from Wendys or McDs.
A piece of foil of reasonable size.
Some waterproof matches.

What else?

Nemo

More pictures at:

https://www.google.com/search?q=paracord+grenade+tool&tbm=isch&imgil=ZunI62YlpldvcM%253A%253BOk84Mqr_gEMpwM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.dudeiwantthat.com%25252Foutdoors%25252Fcamping%25252Fsurvival-grenade.asp&source=iu&pf=m&fir=ZunI62YlpldvcM%253A%252COk84Mqr_gEMpwM%252C_&usg=__rtrS7eziE97RDI2D0rruSNjvUkQ%3D&biw=1078&bih=511&dpr=1.25&ved=0CDoQyjc&ei=PT6cVJeyMbiPsQSK_oLQAQ#tbm=isch&q=paracord+grenade+tool&imgdii=_

EDIT: Added picture for clarity - APX.808
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 02:54:56 PM by APX808 »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: Paracord Grenade
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 01:23:05 PM »
A condom and a couple of sugar packs.

One sugar and one salt (single serving take away packets) to a pint of water is poor man's gatoraid.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Paracord Grenade-- Update
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:52:01 PM »
Well I have it done.  I took a prescription bottle and put together a small quantity of necessities.  Note pics below.  It was necessary to make up most of the stuff for it myself.

I also put it in the script bottle because if it was just inside the cord, and I needed the cord, it all was in a pocket.  IMHO, bad idea.

So here goes.

Nemo

Short piece of spark stick
2 coffee filters folded up tight and sealed in the fat straws.  Great things, both his straws and my filter idea.
Single edge razor blade-  taped up so stay sharp
2 eleven inch zip ties.
2 thin straws sealing in vaseline cotton fire tinder
2 Wendys salt packets
2 Sugar packs
2 germ gel sealed in regular straws
2 good size band aid
Small P-38 can opener
3 Water puification tables
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:10:12 PM by Nemo »

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 06:09:02 PM »
More pics.  Please note all items that should be are labeled on the item.  And everything in the pics is in the bottle.

As far as the wrap, I used 2 small split ring key rings.  One in the middle of 20 feet of cord, and wrapped it up around the bottle, and through the ring up top and back down on both sides.  Wrapped in clockwise each side and tied off up top with the clip.  A zip tie at the bottom of the screw on cap and its great.  The only thing I would change if possible is the bottom ring with the cord through it.  The cord is kind of in and out in the first wrap and rest is really nice.   It ended with about 2 or so feet of excess cordage on each side.

Sort of a modified up/down only monkey fist with no sideways wrap.

THOUGHTS GENTS???  I want them, questions, comments, even snide remarks please.

Nemo

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:12:32 PM by Nemo »

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 06:17:55 PM »
Why use a fragile paper coffee filter when a 100% cotton bandanna (cut down to fit if need be) will sever the same purpose...and then some (char-cloth)?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:25:56 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 06:26:47 PM »
GREAT write-up Nemo! You deserve and get a karma point!  :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 08:13:20 PM »
Why use a fragile paper coffee filter when a 100% cotton bandanna (cut down to fit if need be) will sever the same purpose...and then some (char-cloth)?

The coffee filters are primarily for that reason, liquid filtration.  The bandana will be handy (around head or neck) but kinda big to stuff inside a script bottle that size.  And if cut down to fit, it would not be much better than the coffee filters.

Nemo
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:31:34 AM by Nemo »

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 12:00:56 PM »
Damn Nemo.. I'm impressed.. great can opener! I carry one in my wallet ;)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 12:09:20 PM »
 :baconDance:

Nemo

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 07:19:44 PM »
I like how you threw the sugar in there too ;)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 09:39:55 PM »
I have been told that empty calories are better than none.  And the NaCL is there because I have this headache of a thing called epilepsy.  Yea, real pisser! 

Anyway, my meds work with and need sodium to prevent that seizure stuff but also cause the body to spit sodium it out.  I get to eat as much as I want even though I have a mild high blood pressure thing.  Other meds handle that.

Only had 5 seizures in my life, one with initial brain abcess, second just before taking visit to full cardiac arrest, and 3 just because.  Last one 16 months ago.  Medical records indicate sodium level was at least somewhat low on each one.  So you can bet your whatever you dare I get more than sufficient sodium in my diet daily.

Each straw there with salt is 2 days consumption.  And IMHO salt tastes better than sugar.

Nemo