Author Topic: Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock 2013  (Read 2006 times)

Offline WhiteWolfReloaded

• Senior Prepper
Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock 2013
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
Saw this last week and fell hard for it. I'm still waiting to hear back from Archangel to take my money since it's not on the site yet. Ballpark price will be $199 for the stock and $24 for the magazines. Yes, they are detachable  ;D Now all I need to do is modify my bolt, get a new scope, and I will be grinning from ear to ear for a couple hours at the range.

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
Re: Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 01:06:17 AM »
OMFG I WANT [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m
sic luceat lux

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 08:09:34 AM »
They are pretty dope, saw em in the videos from SHOT 2013.

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »
Get in line boys. Posted this morning. http://www.archangelmanufacturing.com/new-products-2013/

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »
Now this actually looks like a useful addition to a Mosin.

Here is another company that makes faithful reproductions of scopes and mounts for the MN.

http://www.accumounts.com

Would love to get a Accumount PE or PEM mount on something like this. Thanks for posting that WW.

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 11:58:45 AM »
Just a heads up. This company is fucking retarded. Pardon my language , but some numb nuts decided to open the phone lines for pre-order 8.5 hours early by posting a late YT video. And those of us who were in contact via email and watching on YT for the past several weeks were all told to call and order at 8:30 PST today. At this point, good luck getting one if you wanted it. Their shipping dates are already out past May 15.

Archangel Manufacturing  [img]http://www.smileydesign.n

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »
Would the design of this stock make it more difficult to reload via stripper clips? I would think that, instead of investing significant resources in purchasing several mags for what is today a marksman-style rifle not well-suited for close engagement, it would be much cheaper and just as effective to be able to load either 5-rd or 10-rd mags via stripper clips from a bandoleer, especially considering that the max ammo per mag would be 10 cartridges anyway.

I do not own a MN, though I had thought about purchasing one. One of its appealing features to me, like my M1A, is its ability to use stripper clips effectively. I had hoped that, if a stock came out for the MN, they would have found a way to include a stripper clip guide like the M1 Garand and M14/M1A has.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 01:15:47 PM »
I don't think the stock would impede the use of stripper clips. The receiver still has a slot/guide for the clip.

Ghost

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »
I don't think the stock would impede the use of stripper clips. The receiver still has a slot/guide for the clip.

Exactly.

But man oh man that'd be a sweet little set up for a sweet medium range tack puncher. Throw a decent optic on there and you'd be set. Granted the cost of what you'd get into would be able to get you a savage axis or something in that range but it's not as sexy, and that's all that matters  :))

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »

That's what I was hoping...I just couldn't tell if the stock still afforded that option or not. If it does, then I don't see any downsides to purchasing one for an MN.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 01:48:20 PM »

Exactly.

But man oh man that'd be a sweet little set up for a sweet medium range tack puncher. Throw a decent optic on there and you'd be set. Granted the cost of what you'd get into would be able to get you a savage axis or something in that range but it's not as sexy, and that's all that matters  :))
Agreed that by the time you fitted it all out, could just get a Savage or Rem 700, etc., but with that you get fairly expensive ammo too. 7.62x54r surplus is still decently cheap in comparison, and still a great round.

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 04:46:12 PM »
Well I got my details hammered out with the guys over there and mine should be shipped out with the first batch. It can definitely take stripper clips and comes with one 5 round mag. I also purchased a 10 round mag. The barrel can be free floated and also has a tension screw if your barrel needs it. As far as buying a Savage Axis instead? Not a chance; at least not for me. I've got 500 rounds of 7.62x54r as is. Just going to put a bent bolt on it, a new scope mount, bipod (yes there's a spot for a stud) and a new scope. I will definitely be posting some pics, but it likely won't be until next month  :'( They should've had their shit built and ready to go.

Alex1992

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 12:11:49 PM »
Something for me to think about minus the scope I prefer iron sights

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »
Alex, if your all about iron sights check out Lyman

You would get a lot out of a good set of irons on a Nagant and a bedded stock.

Alex1992

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 10:45:11 AM »
Thanks ThatGuy, I've been thinking about doing this for months so every bit of info is gonna help  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 12:40:30 PM »
And while on the lyman site; check out buying a bullet mold for you MN. Bullets may not be available in the future so you will have to pour your own.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Alex1992

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »
Well I'm stockpiling as much 7.62x54r as fast as I can surplus, new brass, and new steel case, if my adding is correct I have a little over 700 rounds altogether, however I'm considering reloading. I've been stockpiling for almost a year now so I think I'm good for a while. Thanks for the suggestion again.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 12:34:45 AM »
Well I'm stockpiling as much 7.62x54r as fast as I can surplus, new brass, and new steel case, if my adding is correct I have a little over 700 rounds altogether, however I'm considering reloading. I've been stockpiling for almost a year now so I think I'm good for a while. Thanks for the suggestion again. 

Do you guys use berdan or boxer primers down there?

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »
Any news on the stock?

54r surplus is Berdan-primed. Though I think some new-made stuff might be Boxer. Good to have some components for reloading this caliber, but still cheaper buying surplus, for the time being.

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »
I ordered my stock day one. Called last week and it should be coming in the next couple weeks. I'm ordering a new bolt body with bent handle and scope mount shortly. Also got a Surgeon tactical knob for the bolt. I'd like to get more rounds, but I'm not going to freak out if don't. I think I have enough  :-\

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »
For you reloading nerds...
A simple way to remove berdan primers

And...
Reloading Berdan Primed Ammunition Part 1
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 10:14:41 PM »
Looks like I'm now waiting until June  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at Apparently they had a machinery issue which caused a big production hiccup. On the bright side it gives me a little while to get my scope and new bolt body.

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 10:26:22 PM »
FINALLY!!! It has shipped.