Author Topic: 2023 Retires Will See A 8.7% Increase In Their Stipend  (Read 274 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
2023 Retires Will See A 8.7% Increase In Their Stipend
« on: October 13, 2022, 10:09:24 AM »
It was just announced that retirees will see a 8.7% increase in their monthly stipend. At first this looks good for folks who are living off of their Social security benefit however, it is a symptom of a disease. The disease of government over spending and sticking their nose into where it does not belong.

Last week, the UK's version of Social Security failed. A 'margin call' was issued to cover the pyramid scheme and the UK's Central Bank responded by printing more money.  :thumbsUp:

Keep your eye east across the pond to see what is coming here.

Stay tuned...  :popcorn:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
Re: 2023 Retires Will See A 8.7% Increase In Their Stipend
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 12:14:34 PM »
Let me see if I understand correctly

In the past two years  the cost of most items has doubled (20% plus...) but they are only increasing payments 8.7%?
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 12:58:54 PM »
Retirees are lucky to get that in my opinion. The question we all should ask, how is .gov going to pay for it? I suspect through printing more money, which will just add to the inflation rate.

What we are seeing is EXACTLY what happened in the Weimar Republic leading up to the Fascists and Hitler taking over.

SS Retirement is a pyramid scheme and like all pyramid schemes they come to an end. What happens to our retirees with no money coming in whether that is from uncle sugar, 401K's, IRA's etc?

I suspect they will follow their new Barons direction (s) or starve. 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »
What a coincidence, I went to my Doctor for my 6 month checkup and we discussed the coming economic collapse. He mentioned to me that I was going to get about an 8% raise after the first of the year. I told him that I almost wish I wasn't going to get it because its just going to raise my income taxes. I often give him a 1 oz. Silver round and tell him to hold on to it because he's going to need it at some point. Over the years, I've gotten him to start preparing for what's coming. Yesterday, I told him for the Hundreth time that he should start Silver Stacking. He actually seemed to start becoming interested in it. I had to explain SPOT and PREMIUM. Spot being the price and Premium being the dealers profit. Then I told him that he really should start stacking but it might be a bit too late now because most dealers can't seem to get any physical Silver because their orders are backed up about 1 to 3 months. My plan to survive is not to work because I'm just too damned old, but I plan to trade for what I need using my Silver, trading Two Way Radios(mostly UV5R's), Vegie Seeds, Ammo, some of my extra Over The Counter Meds, and anything else that I have extras of. I even have several of those puny Solar Panels that can be used to recharge Cell Phones if the Cell Towers are actually still working.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 03:53:50 PM »
Let me see if I understand correctly

In the past two years  the cost of most items has doubled (20% plus...) but they are only increasing payments 8.7%?

Last year it was a 5.9% increase.  So together its about a 14.6% facing 20%.  So we are only 5.4% behind.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.