Author Topic: Police: officers shoot woman stabbing her child  (Read 1062 times)

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Police: officers shoot woman stabbing her child
« on: November 29, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
Does anyone else see anything wrong with this story?

Police: officers shoot woman stabbing her child

ATLANTA ? Police officers shot and killed a woman in an Atlanta home when she didn't comply with orders to stop stabbing her young daughter, who also died, authorities said Monday.

Police and fire rescue personnel were called to the home Monday afternoon and were told an 8-year-old boy had been assaulted by his mother and thrown out a window, said an Atlanta Police spokesman, Maj. Keith Meadows.

Meadows said witnesses told officers the mother was alone inside the home with her young daughter. He said officers entered the house and found the mother sitting in a chair, stabbing the child.

Two officers drew their service weapons and ordered the woman to drop a knife, firing at her when she did not comply, Meadows said. He said between 10 and 16 shots were fired.

Police spokesman Carlos Campos said the stabbing victim was dead at the scene, while the 8-year-old boy was hospitalized in stable condition with apparently minor injuries. Police said they did not know if the daughter had been struck by a bullet, and did not know a motive for the attacks on the children.

Campos said the officers involved in the shooting will be placed on a routine administrative leave during the investigation.

Neighbor Lela Smith told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the family had lived in the home about a year and a half. She said the child who died was nearly 5 years old.

The mother's name was not immediately released.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Police: officers shoot woman stabbing her child
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 04:21:13 PM »
At first glance 10-16 rounds fired might seem excessive however the police are taught to keep pulling the trigger until the threat is neutralized.

They were also probably using a pussy 9MM  ;) handgun. Also like most patrolman, they probably  only have to qualify once a year so I am sure they missed on several pulls of the trigger. The mom may have been on something too like crank at the time since she had previously threw one kid out the window and was in the process of stabbing the other one.

I have told this story before so I will be short. A small arms instructor I met at a NRA event told me about a guy who was shot by a liquor shop owner in his town. After being shot in the chest several times he just stood there and said to the shop owner, "You shot me...I can't believe you shot me." Ten to 15 seconds after the last round was fired into the perp he collapsed.

I don't remember the round used or how many times he shot the perp but it was more then once.

Just some thoughts....
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
Did you just say "pussy 9MM"?  >:(    Alright, I'll let that one go.

Max range 20',  but I doubt it was that.  One to the shoulder or one to the head would have ended this.  Even with a  pussy 9MM.  I'm wondering if they hit the kid while firing off all of those rounds.

If they are carrying a gun they should know how to shoot it accurately.  If not, they should do what the bobbies in England do and just carry night sticks and a whistle.  Because if they can't shoot accurately I don't want them firing off rounds while a member of my family happens to be walking down the street.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 05:00:38 PM »
aside from how sickening the situation is in the first place, I don't see anything wrong with the story. It's not often that violent and/or deadly police action gets the NOLA seal of approval but they got it this time. fuck that psychopath woman. I'd have plugged her too. I mean, seriously. bitch won't stop plunging a knife blade into a 5-yr-old's chest.... she deserved worse than what she got. I suppose the round count was a bit high but as with many of these police shootings, if you have multiple officers firing, each one only has to squeeze off a couple rounds to reach a total number of bullets fired that may sound unreasonable on paper. It's easy to picture one cop dumping an entire mag, but somehow I doubt that's how it happened.

I hope that "administrative leave" for those cops really is just routine for the investigation and not disciplinary action because from what I read, they did nothing wrong.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:03:35 PM by NOLA556 »
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »
Sledge wrote:
Did you just say "pussy 9MM"?      Alright, I'll let that one go.

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co I was waiting for a rise from the 9MM folks on the forum.  :))

You are right...use what you have good control with. 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
Sledge wrote:
Did you just say "pussy 9MM"?      Alright, I'll let that one go.

I was waiting for a rise from the 9MM folks on the forum.  :))

You are right...use what you have good control with.

:o  At first i thought oh, ok.  Then I thought, "Wait a minute.  Did he just call me a pussy who can't control anything bigger than a nine?"

I'm gonna have to stew on this awhile.  LOL!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »
 :)) :)) :))

No worries, I have a 9 too; A Browning Hi Power. It's a great firearm. In No Way am I Calling You a Pussy as I didn't know you carried a 9.

PS: Hope you don't carry it in a shoulder holster though.  :))

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 05:29:27 PM »
:)) :)) :))

No worries, I have a 9 too; A Browning Hi Power. It's a great firearm. In No Way am I Calling You a Pussy as I didn't know you carried a 9.

PS: Hope you don't carry it in a shoulder holster though.  :))

LOL! No.  Actually, I just carry it cause Florida has strict imprint laws.  On the few occasions that it gets cold enough to wear a jacket I carry a large frame 357.

Damn, I wish it would snow!

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 07:46:47 PM »
if your stabbing your child, yeah you need to be shot
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
Administrative leave is pretty much just a paid vacation and yes it is routine after an officer involved shooting.  This also gives the officer an opportunity to seek mental or religious guidance and counseling.

Also while 9mm used to be the standard for most departments the majority have at least started switching to the .40.

IMO it sounds like a "good shoot" based off what we know but it's gonna suck if anny those rounds struck the kids.  I hope not, and I really hope the officers involved are okay too.  That kind of shit could end up messing someone up bad. 

Oh and here's going the bitches family doesn't file wrongful death in civil court...... Some fucking people...
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!