Author Topic: A brief history of US-Iranian relations.  (Read 763 times)

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
A brief history of US-Iranian relations.
« on: February 12, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »
History of Iran- (a must see for any Ron Paul Supporter) WW3 Russia

Simple, short, concise, and accurate.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Re: A brief history of US-Iranian relations.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:29:44 PM »
RS this contains a lot of speculation about who did what, when, that it presents as fact without providing facts or proof which is a good reason to be skeptical of the presentation and it's agenda .   Also it skews the presentation of where the Shaw came from like he wasn't already in power.

The statement that the CIA created the Iranian secret police is a nice touch.  But it would be extremely difficult to prove which is why I guess they skip over that part.

All in all, in my opinion it is a mixture of fact and speculation.  Not everything is black and white as presented.  There is a lot of gray.  I know you think differently from previous things you've posted.  It doesn't matter who is right at this point. 

It is a fact that we worked with the Shaw because we had some common interests in confronting communism.  He wasn't entirely a nice guy, but we had some common interests.

Of course today we don't have much interest in confronting communism.  Because in certain aspects, not all,  related to entrepreneurship they have evolved to have more freedom to pursue success than us.  The government  needed tax money so they adapted.  Hopefully because our Government now needs tax money we'll adapt back to more freedom as well.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 05:43:44 PM »
Well said Sledge. I too was thinking there are always two sides to every story.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »
I think if RS was trying to make the point that our government has been tied up with some pretty shady characters over the years he is correct.  The government has really pulled some screwed up stunts over the years in the name of national security.  Experimenting on it's own citizens would have to be right up there at the top of the list.

I have a Japanese friend that I've worked with for years.  We were discussing the US reputation around the world one day.  He made a statement I think is true.  He said after knowing Americans for years he came to the realization that America isn't as bad as some of our critics describe us and that America isn't as good as we sometimes describe ourselves.  He said the world would be a much worse place if the United States had never existed.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 10:42:59 PM »
It's "Shah" Sledge.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »
Overthrowing democratically elected officials and replacing them with dictators is acceptable as long as the dictator opposes communism and allows oil profits to be siphoned out of the country. Noted.

I wonder how you would feel if you were an iranian?
Faux-Nationalism clouds everything you say, it's amazing to me. 

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 10:53:12 PM »
It's "Shah" Sledge.

LOL!  You need to move further south.

That's me, Faux-Nationalist.

If I was Iranian I'd move because odds are that place is going to get lit up.

Edit: That's what happens when a rabbit talks shit to a cougar.  And they've been talking a lot of shit for years thinking Allah would save them.  We'll see.  Personally, I think the only hope they have comes from a guy named Putin.  Maybe they should pray to him.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:00:37 PM by sledge »

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 08:41:21 AM »
Sledge's view: 
"Shouldn't have been talking shit"

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 02:31:34 PM »
Well, if America had overthrown my elected president and replaced him with a ruthless dictator, imposed trade sanctions when said dictator was overthrown, financed and supported an invasion of my country, and then invaded and occupied the country on my western border, followed by an invasion and occupation of the nation on my eastern border, then labeled my nation as part of an "axis of evil", and THEN threaten war every week for 5+ years i might feel like talking shit too.  :-\

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
Well, if America had overthrown my elected president and replaced him with a ruthless dictator, imposed trade sanctions when said dictator was overthrown, financed and supported an invasion of my country, and then invaded and occupied the country on my western border, followed by an invasion and occupation of the nation on my eastern border, then labeled my nation as part of an "axis of evil", and THEN threaten war every week for 5+ years i might feel like talking shit too.  :-\

Yep, me too!   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »
agreed with RS and EJR. some good points were made by all parties though. I saw this vid a while ago and thought the same thing as sledge, but honestly, even if much of it is speculation, there are enough concrete facts in the story of U.S. involvement in Iran and the rest of the region to justify Iran's shit-talking. I mean, look at it this way, people are people regardless of religion. those desert dwellers can run their mouths all they want about killing infidels but let's get real here... take away the REAL, TANGIBLE, FIRST-PERSON motivation (I.E... the constant meddling as brought by western powers) to do the things that they talk about and I'll bet anything that nothing happens and all that hard talk is just to rabble-rouse their church patrons (or mosque or whatever the fuck) similar to the way Baptist preachers scream and holler like crazy people.

my point is that, as has been stated over and over again in the past, to truly think that they "hate us for our freedom" is simply ridiculous. that may be the tool of choice to rowl up all those religious zealots, but when it boils down to it, any rational, logical person can see that if the west didn't have a 60+ year history of poking, prodding, and exploiting that entire region of the globe (and causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians) right up to this very day... then we would face absolutely no threat from those people.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP