Author Topic: Emergency Broadcasting System test 11/9/2011  (Read 1193 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Emergency Broadcasting System test 11/9/2011
« on: October 27, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
So folks, what are your thoughts on the DHS test to do a EBS test on November 9, 2011. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/did-you-know-feds-will-temporarily-cut-off-all-tv-and-radio-broadcasts-on-nov-9/

Your communications (Radio, TV, etc) will be shut down on this date for 3 minutes. It is the communication cut-off switch I have spoken to in the past.

Why?????

What ever happened to the thread where we were discussing ham communications?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
Re: Emergency Broadcasting System test 11/9/2011
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 01:26:17 PM »
A lot can happen in 3 minutes...

There isn't one part of that article that I like.  The gubberment is prepping for something, and they know a lot more about what's really going on than we do.  The article said exactly what I was thinking regarding the Greek financial situation and how it will cause civil unrest on our side of the pond.

I'd be checking short wave comms (ham as well), gear, and plans of defense for the near future.  Just to be on the safe side.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:32:48 PM by Skippy00004 »
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 01:53:18 PM »
This was a reply in that link.

ARMED PATRIOT
Posted on October 22, 2011 at 4:04pm

My fellow Americans, I come to you AS your President, the President of the once great United States, I have many responsibilities. I have a duty to act to carry out these responsibilities. I come before you, on all television & broadcast channels to tell you, to show you, to demonstrate to you, my supreme power & control over your daily lives. I have already put into action through Executive Orders, that power & control. As of 2:00 PM EST, I have dismissed Congress, the Supreme Court, and all civilian control of the Federal, State, County, and City governments.

You are directed, to stay in your homes beginning at 8:00 PM EST tonight, until further notice. Anyone found outside of their homes will be arrested. You are instructed to assemble all firearms, ammunition, gun powder, and primers, as well as any archery equipment, & have them ready for collection. Your local government officials will be coming to your home to collect them.

Once the curfew has been lifted, you will be allowed to go to work & to the stores. You will have one hour from the time your work shift ends to go shopping. Anyone found to be out after one hour will be arrested. Anyone found to be in a group of more than two persons will be arrested. Alcohol & tobacco products will no longer be sold. Anyone found in possession of such, will be arrested.

You will receive more instructions in the coming days, stay tuned to any channel, we will not be returning to regular programs.

I am Barack Obama. I AM LEGION.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
Wow Sledge...reading that gave me chills.

Maybe that is why FEMA and the DHS bought all of those body bags and coffin liners at the beginning of the year. Didn't they also buy 14mm freeze dried meals too?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Colombo

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »
http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/emergency-alert-system-nationwide-test

Orwell was a prophet and I'm getting the creeps thinking about it. I'm unplugging everything except maybe a radio for this. I wonder if dear leaders face will be broadcast?

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
Sledge, I don't think he'd be so dramatic to say "I am Legion." Besides, he can't get anything done without that teleprompter. Isn't it still missing?

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 04:12:55 PM »
Wow Sledge...reading that gave me chills.

Maybe that is why FEMA and the DHS bought all of those body bags and coffin liners at the beginning of the year. Didn't they also buy 14mm freeze dried meals too?

Yeah JM, to be as broke as we are they've sure been purchasing some funny stuff.  They also put out a bid for emergency fuel.  And they just laid out a cool borrowed billion for 43 million doses of Anthrax vaccine.  I still think they know something we don't.

LOL Crystal!  Yeah, they located the TOTUS after an all points alert.  I think it came close to being declared a national emergency.  I was hoping it would stay missing for at least a day so I could go without hearing one of his campaign speeches for 24 hours.  I don't think there has ever been a President that I can recall being on TV as much as this one has.  Especially considering he never seems to have anything new to say.  Maybe that will change November 9th.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
well this fits the timeline perfectly i was watching the judge last night and heard him talking about how the goobernment wants our google search transcripts, and wants to take certain youtube videos, and websites down....what the fuck has this country come to?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 05:32:32 PM »
I pride myself on being able to read people- It has been a great asset to me during my career and I always seem to be right.

With that said up front, I have studied Barry as best as I can from afar. Here is my assessment:

1) Barry suffers from narcissistic tendencies and is dumbfounded when people don't follow or buy into his hype. How many times
    a week are we forced to hear and or watch him,
2) Barry acts like there is nothing up. What I mean is he plays golf, flies blatantly on air force one and campaigns without
    reimbursing us, the citizens of the country and just shrugs off our concerns,
3) Barry, IMO, acts like he has a secret that he really wants to share with us but doesn't. He's smug and loves to know what is
    coming,
4) Barry is openly buying votes, e.g. student loans, the latest stimulus plan, mortgage reform, etc. and doesn't understand or
    does not care that he is driving the moderates to the right due to his actions- He doesn't care as "he knows", and
5) His wife Michelle, acts like she is a queen and fly's were ever she wants when she wants and charges it to the U.S.

OK, why does Bary and Michelle act as they do? Well IMO it is because they know something is going to happen down the road that is going to affect them positively. I have seen that look or attitude many times sitting across a table during negotiations. He is so arrogant and confident that he is hiding something that will benefit his position- Sorry I repeat myself.   

I guess we will just have to sit back and see what happens BUT I can assure you, my wife and I will be loading 5.56 rounds in 30 round mags the night of November 8th.

Just call me, "Tin Foil Hat Johny."  :))

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
Chesty, what judge?

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:36:38 PM »
Chesty, what judge?

sorry Freedom Watch with Judge Napalitano

Offline TreadOnMeNot

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »
well this fits the timeline perfectly i was watching the judge last night and heard him talking about how the goobernment wants our google search transcripts, and wants to take certain youtube videos, and websites down....what the fuck has this country come to?

Tyranny, slow creeping tyranny.  >:(

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
Thx Chesty. I like the judge!

On another note...We come full circle again. Serfs > merchants > citizens of a republic > middle class > serfs

Offline thekiltedpatriot

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 07:34:38 PM »
Anyone who hasn't read "1984" had better.

Just sayin'.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »
Yup KiltPatriot or watch the movie released in 1984.

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 09:31:50 AM »
Any more info on this???

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 09:58:51 AM »
Supposedly they don't want a repeat of the "War of the Worlds" scenario so the test is being shortened to just 30 seconds.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 10:14:56 AM »
Supposedly they don't want a repeat of the "War of the Worlds" scenario so the test is being shortened to just 30 seconds.
Damn, I wish they wouldn't of thought of that.
sic luceat lux

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 02:15:08 PM »
Did anybody actually see this happen? I was in a class and wasn't able to catch it.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 02:21:11 PM »
Did anybody actually see this happen? I was in a class and wasn't able to catch it.

i caught a wee bit of it, it was just letting you know 'if this was a nation wide disaster, this would be used to give you news and updates, ect. and they made sure you knew IT WAS A TEST' lol