Author Topic: Obama's Chief of Staff Resigns  (Read 881 times)

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
Obama's Chief of Staff Resigns
« on: January 09, 2012, 04:46:16 PM »
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c11d1246-3b00-11e1-b7ba-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1j02RFxAD

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail.

President Barack Obama has appointed Jack Lew, his budget director, as his new chief of staff, following the resignation of Bill Daley.
Mr Daley, a former JPMorgan Chase executive who was brought into the White House a year ago partly to repair ties with Wall Street, had been criticised over his management style and for having rocky relations with Congress.
More

Obama presidency

Barack Obama begins the fourth year of his presidency, with the House of Representatives under Republican control and the Tea Party movement ascendant

The president praised Mr Daley as an ?outstanding chief of staff during one of the busiest and most consequential years of my presidency? but said he wanted to spend more time with his family, especially his grandchildren.
Mr Daley offered his letter of resignation to the president last week. ?I have been honoured to be a small part of your administration,? he said in the letter, dated January 3. ?It is time for me to go back to the city I love.?
The former Wall Street boss had initially planned to stay in the White House through this November?s general election, but his tenure was marred by complaints about negotiating failures with Republicans on Capitol Hill.
Mr Daley was criticised over the way he ran negotiations with Republicans during efforts to raise the US?s borrowing limit last summer, which led to a last-minute temporary fix after weeks of bitter battles.
Other complaints were relatively trivial, such as failing to co-ordinate with House speaker John Boehner?s office on the day Mr Obama wanted to make a speech to Congress.
Amid reports of dissatisfaction with Mr Daley?s role, Mr Obama in November reshuffled the responsibilities among his top aides, with Mr Daley handing over day-to-day staffing issues to Pete Rouse, his deputy who was once Mr Obama?s chief of staff when he was in the Senate.
Mr Daley colourfully let off some steam about the frustrations of being chief of staff in an interview with Politico at the end of last year.
?It?s been a brutal three years,? Mr Daley said. ?It?s been a very, very difficult three years, an incredible three years. And we are doing all this under the overhang of the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.?
Mr Lew, who also served as budget director in the Clinton administration and as deputy director of the state department under Hillary Clinton, has strong connections to Capitol Hill. He was a senior policy adviser to Tip O?Neill, the late speaker of the House of Representatives.
Mr Obama on Monday said that Mr Lew had his ?complete trust?.
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Re: Obama's Chief of Staff Resigns
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »
He wants to get out of Washington before Obama starts a war that spreads to China and Russia.  He's an idiot. 

He doesn't realize that if a war did erupt with Russia or China over Iran that standing next to Obama is probably the safest place in the country.  There is no way they would want anything to happen to him until after the war was over.  Obama leading the U.S. as Commander in Chief would probably be their biggest asset in any conflict with us.  Just look how they've been laughing at him and playing him for three years.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »
My connections told me that Barry kicked him out as he was doing Michelle. Heck she is preggers: http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/26881/michelle-obama-pregnant/

Barry was upset as he doesn't want a baby that looks like Daley.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 06:30:15 PM »
if shtf i think i'm going to denver airport and i'll try to jump a guard and take his uniform like in the movies

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Bursting bubbles since 2013