Author Topic: Friday Feb 28, 2014 2300 hrs Zulu - Putin is moving  (Read 1890 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Friday Feb 28, 2014 2300 hrs Zulu - Putin is moving
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
Well it seems that President Obama and Sec. of State Kerry's warning to Putin to not invade The Ukraine has gone unheeded.

Shocked Face ...HA! (E-Trade baby)

> Two airports under Russian control in the Crimea
> 2,000 Russian troops massing at Ukraine/Russian boarder
> Two troop carrier ships departed Russian Naval base on the Black Sea for ???
> NATO announced this morning that they have no contingency plans if Russia moves
   in. This in affect gives Putin a green light. Remember, The Ukraine is not part of
   NATO so in reality Putin's move in none of our or NATO's business. 

Maybe this is going to be the war that our President and Putin wants in the middle east since the Syrian deal broke down. I hope not.

Maybe we should reeducate ourselves on when the Russians entered Hungry in 1956 to put down a "civil war" there. Remember, history has a tendency to repeat it's self. 

IMO, there is more behind these events than is being reported (daaaaaa). Be careful to jump to conclusions until everything is known. Which in reality we may never know.

Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:25:06 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Friday Feb 28, 2014 2300 hrs Zulu - Putin is moving
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »
So it starts...
February 28, 2014 -- (TRN) -- Russian Federation Black Sea Fleet Commander, Admiral Alexander Vitko has announced the beginning of "war with Ukraine for Crimea."  A Press Release from the Russian Foreign Ministry confirms that Russian troops are moving within the Crimea.   Videos, below show two sets of more than ten Russian attack helicopters each, in the air over Crimea right now; armored personnel carriers deploying into Ukraine.

Russian troop transport planes landing at Simferopol ** All Ukraine airspace is CLOSED ** Ukrainian military base at Perevalne has fallen to Russian troops ** United States Navy has disengaged the Naval Status web page to assure operational security for US military response ** British gov't tells Brits to leave Crimea immediately ** Checkpoints between Ukraine and Crimea fall to Russian troops; checkpoints now flying Russian flags ** Commercial air traffic re-routed to avoid war zone ** Internet backbone on Crimea cut ** All TV stations in Crimea under Russian control **  . . . . more

Check out whole story here:

Fox just reports that President Obama is trying "to shame Russia into withdrawing."
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 07:13:39 PM »
When nations fall everyone wants to claim the land and people. They might have beaten their small government with rocks but I highly doubt they stand a chance against Russia.... unless.... well.... we'd never get involved. ....

Rest assured, whatever the plan is, it's going smoothly.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 07:57:14 PM »
When nations fall everyone wants to claim the land and people. They might have beaten their small government with rocks but I highly doubt they stand a chance against Russia.... unless.... well.... we'd never get involved. ....

Rest assured, whatever the plan is, it's going smoothly.

Ukraine, win or lose, will not go down without a fight. One famine was enough...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
Spoiling for a fight, somebody is.  :dancingGrenade:

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 09:27:32 PM »
I think I might have to buy an extra box of bullets and jar of peanut butter tomorrow.  :gunner:

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »
I think I might have to buy an extra box of bullets and jar of peanut butter tomorrow.  :gunner:

Nemo

Try to get primers, powder and cases to go with the bullets too :P
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 09:59:19 PM »
I know it's a little tin foil-ish, but I could see this starting a much larger conflict. Just wondering if we're going to see the rise of the new USSR.
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

brat

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »
I am shocked beyond belief that those stern warnings from obama and kerry didn't make them rethink their positions....  :DrillSgt:

Shaming Putin will surely work.  :sarcasm:

Alex1992

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 10:59:19 PM »
This is something that made me laugh at those threats that Obama and Kerry made to Putin. To me Putin is those type of guys that he is going to do it no matter what as for us well I think we are just going to sit back and at the same bitch and moan back and forth get bored then move onto something else. I hope we stay out of this bullshit because Russia would be PISSED if we got involved. Not to mention Ukraine and Russia have been bitter rivals ever since the days of the Kievan Rus from hundreds of years ago.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 11:12:01 PM »
Ukraine is where alot of the Mosin Nagants come out of. Could see prices of those skyrocketing due to this. Why ship them overseas, when the people could use them?

Burt Gummer

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 09:36:10 AM »
 :lmfao:

Nemo

Try to get primers, powder and cases to go with the bullets too :P

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 09:42:16 AM »
Yupper, I heard about The Budapest Memorandum on Gretchen last night. 
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/28/article-2570335-1BEB4E6D00000578-493_634x398.jpg

Is this a good time to discuss Pentagons Plans to Shrink Military to 1940 levels?  :gasMask: Just asking.
I don't know why but this picture came to mind.
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608024316697315222&w=187&h=169&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

Exactly. 

Add to that the Rules For Radicals he spent so much time studying only applies to the domestic population.  Obama has proven time and again that he has no idea how to deal with Putin on any level.  Putin is well aware of it, which is why we have the situation in Ukraine.

edit:  You can bet the other former Soviet Bloc states in the region are watching our actions closely.  We made promises to them too.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:45:16 AM by sledge »

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »
To your point Sledge, here is a list of NATO Member countries.

Pay specific attention to:
Albania,
Bulgaria,
Croatia,
Estonia,
Hungry,
Latvia,
Lithuania,
Romania,
Slovakia and of course,
Slovenia  :facepalm:

I do not know what THE right call is however I pray that President Obama makes the right decision. He certainly didn't with Benghazi and they were Americans there.   

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 10:07:34 AM »
This is a win/win for Putin.  If he can bring Ukraine back under Russian control, he secures the pipelines for sending natural gas to Europe.  Plus he sends a strong message to the former Soviet block states that they shouldn't look to us for help regardless of what treaties we have with them.  This could have a negative effect on the enlarged NATO as well.  In Putin's eyes the US is NATO.  The European nations themselves don't offer much of a threat no matter what Russia does.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »
I find all of this interesting in light of the official Chinese governments newspaper Friday issuing a verbal attack on the departing US ambassador.  For a society who places so much stock on "face", it was really an unprecedented verbal attack.  I did find their revision of the "oreo" insult to a "banana"  (yellow on the outside, white on the inside) interesting.

This is what occurs when we are perceived to have a weak leader and are financially overextended almost to the point of collapse.  We can expect more actions of this nature from China and Russia, and I don't think it will be long in coming.     

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 10:51:55 AM »
I agree 100% with what you wrote Sledge. Didn't Reagan coin the phrase, "Peace through strength"?

On another note: Would you post the link on the Chinese article? I would love to read it.  :thumbsUp: 

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 12:58:43 PM »
I agree 100% with what you wrote Sledge. Didn't Reagan coin the phrase, "Peace through strength"?

On another note: Would you post the link on the Chinese article? I would love to read it.  :thumbsUp:

JM what I read was on Comcast news.  Couldn't get the article to come back up.  I guess they've moved on to Putin.  Here's a link talking about the chinese media article.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/south-asia/chinese-media-outlet-uses-racial-slur-at-us-envoy_915021.html

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 01:24:58 PM »
Things are moving quickly.  China is staying out of it for the time being.  But you can bet they, Japan, and Taiwan are watching along with eastern Europe and the rest of the world to see if the US will honor or stand behind their mutual defense treaties.  This is sticky business.  And the Russians are giving us the big bears middle finger.  Thank God that I read somewhere awhile back that our President is among the top 5 that we have ever had.  :facepalm:

Russian Parliament Calls For Recall of Ambassador to D.C.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine-crisis/russian-parliament-calls-recall-ambassador-d-c-n41916

Russia's Upper House Approves Putin's Military Intervention Plan
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine-crisis/russias-upper-house-approves-putins-military-intervention-plan-n41861

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 06:21:37 PM »
 :lmfao: to funny Burt!

Putin has President Obama's nutz in a vise.  :facepalm:

Based on a pattern, President Obama will do nothing.

> Iran's Arab spring back in 2009,
> Fast & Furious,
> Benghazi,
> IRS scandal, and
> Syria...To name a few.

I am not a big President Obama supporter however I think we should all pray for him, his advisors, The USofA, the citizenry of Ukraine and the Pacific rim. We all will have to live with his decisions and actions.  :hiding:

Morally we should support the Ukraine due to the Budapest memorandum of 1994. As Sledge alluded to in his post, China, Iran and other global bullies are clearly waiting to see what the US and UK will do.

This whole deal reminds me of when Hitler was warned appeased in the Munich Agreement. PM Chamberlain, came back from signing the accord with Hitler and assured the world all was well. 

As Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from May 1937 to May 1940. Chamberlain is best known for his appeasement foreign policy, and in particular for his signing of the Munich Agreement in 1938, conceding the German-populated Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia to Germany. However when Adolf Hitler continued his aggression by invading Poland, Britain declared war on Germany on 3 September 1939, and Chamberlain led Britain through the first eight months of World War II.

This is scary shit and the local radio station has not covered it at all.

Stay tuned...Pray for the Anointed one and his trusted advisors. 

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 12:02:59 AM »
As far as the news that I have seen, this started out as a foray to protect Russian assets in the Crimea. If they really try to occupy the entire country, that would be another matter. I do understand that the Ukranian government is in some turmoil, but if it was truly bad, their military would be defending their territory instead of watching TV.
For all of the bluster that Obama and other talking heads spew, they should think about the actions that the US has taken to "protect" it's citizens in various locals in the past. As it is, there is nothing that the US can do. The Europeans can bluster all they want, but in the end they will do nothing. Let's not forget that that Russia needs the Ukraine for the transit of energy to the rest of Europe, therefore, as long as the energy flows, Europe won't do anything.
 Also, since the use of chemical weapons in Syria and the "crossed line", the current administration has weakened the stature of the US in the international community so that we are not even a consideration.
Very sad state of affairs that needs to be changed.