Author Topic: Russia violates arms treaty  (Read 807 times)

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Russia violates arms treaty
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:51:55 PM »
Sally, this is disturbing but not unexpected from Russia or other threats to the world.

I am in no way a Romney supporter however looking back it is interesting how Romney saw the threat and our President didn't.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Burt Gummer

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:26:33 PM »
Jmac would you be willing to explain why you think the Russian gov is a threat to us and why they'd want to be?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »
Certainly Burt. I love to throw my opinions around   :dancingBanana:

Russia's threat runs to us through Europe and Europe's economy.

Europe's economy runs on Russian Natural Gas and a bit of oil. While, most of Europe's oil comes from the UK and the Middle East.

Coupled with the above two sentences I fear Russia's motives in that when the USSR failed, the soul of the leaders never lost a expansionist stance. Call it the age old thing (I forget the name of the theory) where countries take other countries by force to enrich their standing in the world - Politically and economically.

Russia will use the hammer of natural gas to help their expansionist objectives. The annexing of Crimea is a good example of how it will work. Next will be the eastern Ukraine.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Burt Gummer

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »
Certainly Burt. I love to throw my opinions around   :dancingBanana:

Russia's threat runs to us through Europe and Europe's economy.

Europe's economy runs on Russian Natural Gas and a bit of oil. While, most of Europe's oil comes from the UK and the Middle East.

It is sad that Russian government is so intertwined with it's economy but I suppose that is the status quo now globally.
Keep in mind that while governments try and be an economy by themselves they suck at it. Because of the lack of price structure due to the lack of consumer demand, accountability for capital investment and entrepreneurship.  link

Coupled with the above two sentences I fear Russia's motives in that when the USSR failed, the soul of the leaders never lost a expansionist stance. Call it the age old thing (I forget the name of the theory) where countries take other countries by force to enrich their standing in the world - Politically and economically.

So governments being governments (I exist by robbing the crap out of you) instead of gadget's cute puppy.

Russia will use the hammer of natural gas to help their expansionist objectives. The annexing of Crimea is a good example of how it will work. Next will be the eastern Ukraine.

Nice symbolism there... ;D
Remember that "annexing" conjures up WWII memories of aggression and that in this current game of chess the Russian gov did not make the first move.
Do I like or sympathies with Putin and his gang? no I'm an anarchist-capitalist and they all suck in my opinion. Which is why I won't tip the scales by rooting for one or the other dirt bag.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »
Good links Burt  :thumbsUp:

Something for all of us (Americans on the forum) need to keep in mind is we were (well at least I was) brought up on a cornucopia of anti-Soviet propaganda.

The only proof I have that some of that propaganda was accurate is by talking with folks in former Soviet Block countries like: East Berlin, Poland, Hungry and Ukraine. I have not chatted with people from other former Soviet block countries so who knows.

Only time will tell.  :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »
I hope that the cleptocracy now known as the Russian Federation will deal 'sanely'  :tinfoil: with the current "encroachment" by the US and EU into their territory - the Ukraine in this case.  I don't think they view the Ukraine, Georgia, Uzbekistan, et.al. as sovereign but as former territories and a buffer from a perceived enemy.  Putin is a tactical thinker, not strategic.  It is a bit paranoid but Russia has a history of nasty Europeans trying to slice them up.  I don't think they've forgotten that part of their history.    :deadHorse: