Author Topic: US Gold Sales 3x higher April 2016 than April 2015 - Why  (Read 1031 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
US Gold Sales 3x higher April 2016 than April 2015 - Why
« on: April 24, 2016, 06:59:46 AM »
I ran across this article this morning. In essence it talks to the growth of US Gold Eagle in the first three weeks of April when compared to the entire month of April 2015.

Here is the graph to spur your interest.

This next graph shows YTD Vs. the same period LY.

What does this all mean as prices for the last 60 days are steady?

There is a rumor out there that China is going to offer the Yuan backed with gold unlike most currencies around the world including the U$D. I have also read that the Fed is very worried that if China does offer a gold backed Yuan the value of the U$D will drop as people/markets/countries trade in their U$D for the new Yuan.

Any thoughts from the forum?

To read the whole article that these graphs came from go here.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
Re: US Gold Sales 3x higher April 2016 than April 2015 - Why
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:07:26 PM »
I just bought a little more Silver....  :dance:
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 10:40:18 AM »
Cool.

I would like to buy some pre'64 silver coins too.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:52:01 AM »
It just fell 60 cents after its fast rise last couple weeks so I try to buy the dip  :dance:

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 06:52:16 PM »
Thoughts.  Add some 1/10th, 1/4er and half oz pieces.  Be hell to need something others are getting for 1/4oz and all you have is 1oz and the seller doesn't make change.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 07:06:00 AM »
Yup you are right Nemo. IMO, silver should be used for every day stuff and gold should be kept to buy big things. Horse, cow, tractor.......

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »
Good marketing? A continuing sense of unease fueled by the current political and economic situations and the media's constant fear frenzy?

(Mr. WPW has some gold & silver, but IMHO it's a waste of money. If things get bad enough that standard currency is no good, I think lumps of metal are going to be worthless, whereas skills or consumables like food, clothes, etc. will be of value.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:05:01 AM by Well-Prepared Witch »
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 06:20:19 PM »
Good point WPW.  But you can only store so much in a useful manner.  It would be great to have a 40 acre warehouse full and well planned but you get to a point of diminishing returns.

Something too large takes too much maintenance and tending.  Think bugs, rats and all those kinds of things. 

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 08:54:45 AM »
Many folks Wellie agree with your sediments on PM's. The folks I have consulted for on prepping I never recommend PM's in the beginning. That is something to look at towards the end of completing your list.

IMO, PM's would only come in handy towards the end of a TEOTWAWKI event. As things are coming back on line.

I am reading William Forstchen's One Year After (Sequel to One second After) and PM's are being used again - Mostly silver.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 08:59:50 PM »
WPM,

thats a decnet point BUT it has been very rare for things to get so bad so quickly that Gold and Silver will have little value.
Its happend in history only very very few times.

However some form of slide is more likely in which case PM will be invaluable.

Also if the SHTF doesnt happen in our lifetimes (which is possible) this is something we can easily turn into dollars in an emergency (which is much harder to do w/ Mountainhouse etc )