Author Topic: What if.....  (Read 321 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
What if.....
« on: September 30, 2022, 02:34:04 PM »
When the SHTF and nobody can afford anything, what do you do? In today's world everybody seems to think that everybody else has a Cell Phone, Internet, Cable or Satelite TV, and Debit/Credit Cards. When the SHTF, most people will have to cancel their Phone service, Internet, TV subscription, and maybe even cancel their Credit Cards. OK, now what? I'm already running into situations where I can't do business with some people with Cash or Checks. They insist on a Debit or Credit Card. You could be walking around with several thousand dollars in your pocket but you can't rent a Car unless you use a Credit Card. Oh, so you want to go to the Verizon Store and buy a new Cell Phone? Well, you're screwed because they only take Credit Cards. The list is endless. I'm pissed off right now, I'm actually looking forward to the 5h#T Storm. The Sheeple never listen for that sucking sound that sucks them into oblivion. I wonder how long it will be before you are told, "Hey, get on this FEMA train and we'll take you to a nice resort to live for free."

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: What if.....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 05:47:45 PM »
Thats when I will buy things on my credit card and deliver it to the requesting person for a 10% convenience cash usage fee.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 10:18:19 AM »
PKv, it's all about making the citizenry scream for the government to come rushing in to save the day.

Question for the group. I have never used a credit card pre pay card but once. Do you have to go online to activate the card? The one I was given, I had too.

If you do not, what a great way to go around the system to make some purchases.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 10:34:50 AM »
I think not.   Next I go to Kroger I will check on it.   Grocery shopping will be early next week.

I tried a Pre-Loaded (IIRC $100) Visa years ago that I bought and paid cash, with a couple dollars fee at the store with no issue.  No idea how if its changed.

I suspect if you buy the $X00 card for cash and use it like any Visa but without the trace back to you other than cameras at the store.

Nemo

Update  bold added

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/cards/prepaid-cards/all-purpose-reloadable.html

Step 1: Activate and load

Getting started with your Visa Prepaid card is easy. All you need to do is:

Activate it online or by phone
    Load it online or in-person
    Set up direct deposit

Watch video

Step 2: Use

Count on Visa?s Zero Liability policy* everywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted.

Pay your bills
    Get gas and groceries
    Shop in stores and online
    Dine out and more

Step 3: Reload

There?s a variety of ways to deposit checks, load cash and more ? online or in-person.

Use your mobile device
    Set up direct deposit
    Visit any ReadyLink location

Find a location near you

https://apps.usa.visa.com/slocators/get-a-card.jsp?filter=readylink&loc=lynchburg%20va&anchor=true

Visa ReadyLink Locator
Step 1

Check your card provider's website to see if you can use ReadyLink, or look on the back of your card for the Visa ReadyLink symbol.
Step 2

Locate a ReadyLink location near you. Retailers set their own fees for cash reloads, so you may want to call ahead.
Step 3

Go to the location and add money to your card. At most locations you can just swipe your card at the register. If asked at MoneyGram locations, use Receive Code 7034. Your funds will be available immediately.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 10:47:31 AM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.