Author Topic: The Prepper Persona  (Read 908 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
The Prepper Persona
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
Alright so was walking around the flea market today and ran into a buddy of mine. ( non prepper type )

Well apparently they seen the show Doomsday preppers and got to thinkin....

" hmm what would we do if something crazy did happen, and they thought of me & that they would come to my house.  "

Now, being somewhat op sec like I don't really talk about being a prepper I mean, I brag everynow and again when I get some ammo and stuff. But no one knows I store stuff for a callapse or even have a bug out plan.

Why is it they thought of me?

So I guess some of us just emit the " Prepper Persona "
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
  • Once more into the fray.......
Re: The Prepper Persona
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »
Yeah, been there. Remember that earthquake in Virginia last year? Right after I start getting phone calls with several friends asking me what's up. I'm thinking sure they know I have guns, but why ask me "what's up?" I'm not a scientist. I've kind of settled on the idea now that if something happens I can be expecting a number of calls and even a few people showing up at my door wanting help or answers of some sort. I don't really consider it a bad thing though. Sure they'd cramp my style a bit, but it's kind of flattering to think when people imagine the world going to hell in a hand basket they think of me lol. I think what it really comes down to is the prepper persona you're giving off has been loosely defined by mainstream media already. So when they think about you having guns (as mainstream media makes you sound like a nut as is) they assume you've got a stash of other goodies also. Course, that's just my $.02
"You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."
Andrew Jackson

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 06:19:28 PM »
having no friends and a million ex's who will avoid me like the plague has payed off for once.......  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Crow

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
gotta be even more low key my wife doesn't even know that I'm prepping  8)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:21:12 AM »
Lol, Crow it was Sgt. T

At the flea market. hahahah I always thought his blood was to rich for a little old flea market.  :))
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »
Yeah, that's part of your OPSEC, appearing that you're not a prepper.

Nobody ever guesses that I'm a prepper.

Crow

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 08:14:58 AM »
HHa, sgt. T the rich normally stay that way by being outrageously cheap ass holes and thats why you saw him there.lol.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 10:01:43 AM »
HHa, sgt. T the rich normally stay that way by being outrageously cheap ass holes and thats why you saw him there.lol.

Not to stray to far off topic.
But here is what happened.

I'm strolling along looking for deals, shootin the shit with the wife.
I saw a baby in a stroller and I said. " Hey babe, look at the cute baby.....hey.... I know that baby.....! " Then the wife was like.

" O
M
G " Its Heather

lol, then later I found a brick of .22 LR for 17 bucks 8 bucks cheaper than at walmart  :))

Crow

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »
 [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co on the deal
 [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co on scott pilgraming that story. Your wife became knives chow as I was reading that.

If any of you know reaver personally.does he send you random pictures of his dog too? One time I literally had to study the pic for about 5mins to figure out it was an extreme close up of naulas (his dog) insisor.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »
Its " Anarah "  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at