Author Topic: The You Tubers are going nuts over the Economy  (Read 307 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
The You Tubers are going nuts over the Economy
« on: June 17, 2022, 10:39:21 AM »
The prepper you tubers and the economic you tubers are having a hissy fit about the coming hyperinflation. You tube is showing more videos than I've seen in a long time concerning what's going on. My wife was down to her last 16 Glucerna drinks and they are always hard to find in a decent quantity so right after I got my car inspected this morning, I went to Walgreens and damn near bought all they had. She has a blood sugar issue and drinks those things like we drink soda pop. It cost me about $80 to by just 6 sixpacks of those damned things. "Happy wife, happy life". When the SHTF and they aren't available, I guess she's just going to have to ration them to make them last as long as possible. They only had 8 six packs so I bought 6 of them. Well, I didn't want to seem greedy so I left two 6 packs for the next customer. I've stocked up on enough paper towels and toilet paper to last more than a year. We have plenty of dishes but I've also stocked up on a ton of paper plates so we don't have to wash so many dishes. Yesterday we added to our cigarette stock with 10 more cartons of smokes on top of our huge supply that we already have. I don't plan to run out any time soon and I don't plan to pay hundreds of dollars for smokes when the prices go nuts. They are already at $60 a carton. This crap is getting real and its happening really fast. The wife went for her monthly checkup at our family Doctor's office and I got in his ear about 2 years ago about prepping and figured it was going in one ear and out the other but when I mentioned what was going on, aparently he must have paid attention because he was aware of the Fed rates and the Stock Market and he said that he had stocked up on about a years worth of food. That made my day that at least one person was taking this shit seriously. He is my go to guy when it comes to medical advice when the SHTF. He even said that he either had or was going to get a 3500 watt generator. At least he'll have lights, TV, and computer power when the lights go out. I gave him a fully programmed BaoFeng HT and told him to be prepared to use it. If push comes to shove, I should be able to drive close enough to talk to him across the huge/wide river that is between us if I need to. If I have to, I'll call one of the local Hams in his area and have them call him to tell him to turn on his HT so I can talk to him on MURS across the river. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 10:44:24 AM by pkveazey »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: The You Tubers are going nuts over the Economy
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 11:32:59 AM »
James is great ain't it.  Shame we could not keep all the yankees north of it.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.